240 Cube Build Help

moovinfast

I gotta feeling that 2 large (20") lumen brights might cover you in the mogul configuration. Impur just got one and raves about the coverage for his cube.

Do a seach for BeanAnimal overflow and you should come up with the page. RC has a thread that is mega long, but the site should give you the basics.Wannareef has one (and pics) and I am constructing an external one.

Good going on the OM.

• Like 1

We've decided to just use the 4 250w HQI pendants we already have. That way we know we will have good coverage. Also just picked up more sand. We have 150lbs waiting to go in it, plus we have 2" in the 72 gallon that we're going to break down. Hopefully that will be enough sand. Dont think I can do the BeanAnimal overflow. The tanks already drilled and has the overflow installed. Don't think I have room to redo it.

Picked up about 200 more lbs of sand to make a DSB in one of the sumps. The oceans motions 4 way just got dropped off. Took it apart, changed out the drum and greased it up. Should the drum rotate in one solid motion? Right now mine is rotating around, but its not a solid fluid motion. Also on my way to lowes and home depot to look for inspiration for the stand.

240 cube

I just got done with my stand for my 240 cube.(clap) Door,staining and 2 side panels to cover the back overflow and plumbing will be next (ran out of wood). If you need any suggestion or help, glad to do so.

Here are some pics.

If you need more pics let me know.

• Like 1

Wow, thats going to be a nice looking set up. Mine is not going to look anywhere near that nice if I do it myself. But thankfully Culp686 said he would try to help with the stand when he has time. I have the front and back of the stand roughed out. Was going to work on the sides and get the top, but havent felt up to doing it the past few days. My wife says I cant use power-tools and pain killers at the same time. I don't see why not. Its not like I would feel it if something happened.......

• 2 weeks later...

sweet man. now your officially looking the part of an addict. you forgot your tile though. you might as well remove the carpet under the tank since you'll have a little over a ton of weight on it. its probably gonna shear it in half. LOL

can't wait to see how you set it up. do you have live rock stashed away somewhere yet?

I was debating about cutting the carpet from under it so the sumps would sit on the cement. Thought that would help cool the tank. I have 100+lbs of dry rock in the garage waiting to go in and have over 150 lbs of live rock in the other 2 tanks that are going into this one. ALso have 200 lbs of sand for it in the garage. Was going to do a DSB in part of one of the sumps.