Gauging interest: Deep water Zoas

grassi

So I have this big colony of really nice japanese deep water zoas.

They are covering a big rock. I don't have room for it and I tried to sell it as a piece, but somehow it is difficult to sell such a big piece.

I really don't want to part it out, but it is probably the only way.

Let's see who wants some polyps. They are gonna go for cheap: I was thinking about $10 for a 20+ polyps frag, on live rock.

If I can get a good number of people interested I will frag it. I'm also opened to offers for the whole thing.

Just let me know your interest.

Thanks

IMG_4849.JPG

IMG_4850.jpg

The rock it is about 12lb. Last time I counted there were about 400 polyps. I grew it from a 2 polyp frag.

Pm sent for the whole piece to who was interested.

At now gauging interest on people interested to frags.

I will post more pics of the rock outside the water asap.

Thanks

You can see the rock and the frag on the left, under the rufus. Pics is from 3/24/2009 and it was some 10 polyps at that time. I think I got the original 2 polyps a couple of months before. So it is about 17 months, less or more

IMG_3722.JPG

The polyps are the same. There is a color morph, common on deep water, for the light change. As you can imagine I can guarantee which part of the colony are you gonna get. They will all color up in the same way at the end

Have you sold the colony or are you going to frag it. I ma getting a little excitied about getting some of those. Where do you keep them in your tank? High flow or low flow, high light or a little shaded? I have a a ten polyp polyp frag in my 20 gallon and about 4 of them have melted. I just moved them under a little shelf and the remainder of them opened up today. Where should I keep them?

Bryan