Where does everyone get their egg crate?

NoobtoSalt

So I think I'm going to start a frag rack for my smaller frags (not looking to go into business just want to have my frags not glued to my rocks yet) and wanted to know where everyone gets their egg crate. Do I just go to Home Depot or Lowes? I saw a rack that I really liked in Emerald525's tank but i think I can make something similar for a little less (maybe not but I always like building things).

If you want white' date=' both Home Depot and Lowes carry it. If you want another color, or want large quantities, try Multi-Craft.[/quote']

+1 MultiCraft is the way for the black, which I strongly suggest. I did some serious research with an expert friend and we found out the reasons why the white is an algae factory. I should post the result one day.

As somebody said also some LFS do carry it, and maybe you can have a piece for free if you buy some corals ;)

I used the white from HD in my tank and had a MASSIVE algae outbreak for a long time. I had the red hair algae (looks like cotton candy). I finally got it under control with a lot of water changes and about 6 turbo snails and two urchins. I am starting to think that it was from the egg crate.

dsoz

So I think based on the price of the egg crate that I was quoted today at SWF I'm leaning more towards just buying a frag rack. He had one there for 22 and the one online is about the same price so I think I might just get one of those ones. I'd like something a little more narrow though. I'm going to keep searching for a bit but if any shop has a narrow one PM me.