Large Vertical Storage Water Tanks - Where?

izzypop

I would check out Coastal Farm and Supply. And I think Randy (RandyS) just ordered one not long ago. Might hit him up.

Compare CFS to Wilco, often same stuff, but some farm supplies we get are cheaper at Wilco. Plus, look up other agricultural supplies in the book. There is one place in Damascus, and maybe a few in Boring? I'll ask my father in-law if he knows of some cheap dealers. I would have sworn, I saw those on Craiglist list a few months back, you might keep rechecking there too. I've seen them in free postings as well.

Try Wilco. Any feed store should have some tanks like that' date=' or could at least point you in the right direction. Gehren's feed store on Orient drive(a few miles east of 282nd) in Boring.[/quote']

Thanks. Gehren's is the place I think people have been trying to refer me too but none could remember the name.(clap)

Big R down here has them. Check your Local Ferguson or United Supply in town. They both carry those tanks. (Its where I get mine from, Im not a vendor here on this site, but I guess its fine to direct you to those places right?)

Consolidated Pump Supply also can get them, but I dont think they will sell to the general public.

ya, try wilco. I actually went into their warehouse and sifted through their water containers for livestock. I'm actually going to be getting rid of one of mine. it's a triangular(fits in corner) plastic water container witha spigot at the bottom. Stands probably 6 feet tall...but narrow...I'm guessing abour 30gallons though.

I got mine at a plasticmart.com or plastic-mart.com forget which. I paid like $250 for a 265gal tall tank after shipping.

I heard about a place near Who Song & Larrys in the Couve, just due west of the resturant. a 300 gal would be a tiny one from what I hear, they have upto gas station sized in ground tanks etc. Dont know the name of the place though. (can get it if you are interested)

ive been told paying about $1 per gallon is usually about the going rate, so if you find something much less than that it would be considered a pretty good deal.

Im in the market for another tank (for saltwater) let me know if you find anything else.

Actually I did find a few places locally that can get me these containers. All of which I would have to get from my "work" acct. since they don't sell to the general public. All range from $240-$300 for a 300 gal tank. I am going to get mine from Always Pure in Boring since it is pretty close to me and they have them in stock they also sell to the general public and were really nice. I can go look at some different ones there and just pick it out instead of looking through pictures. I'll post pics of it and price hopefully tonight since I'm going to pick one up ASAP. Space isn't an issue so I think I'm going to get the short/fatty one instead of the tall/skinny.

Plastic Mart.com was by far the cheapest but shipping put them in the range of around $310. Finding a place like plastic mart locally would be a killer find.

Id love to hear some of the demensions' date=' Im contemplating a saltwater tank but space for me is limited. I have that big pallet rack and I want to put it on top of that, I need to look into the weight rating for it but I dont think it is a problem.[/quote']

Go order yourself a Great Plains catalog, all dimension are listed for various tanks. You may be able to order from them being a retail outlet.

I went to "Always Pure" last night. I was able to jam up there and they had what I needed. Picked up a 305gal black container for $285. That comes with the bulkheads and top manhole style access. Nice people and was in and out in 10 minutes. They said they can order in what ever you need Joel if you're looking for specific dims. I think the Plastic Mart dims are pretty standard and would bet they could get those. I don't know the exact dims of mine but i think it is 46"dia x 50"H

cool trick I learned from reefhut is you install the clear 1/4" or 3/8" ro tubing with fittings and you have a automatic water level sensor. black is best with this setup.

Always Pure Water Treatment in Boring, OR - They sell water treatment equipment like RO/DI stuff on small and large scale.

post-54-141867734729_thumb.jpg