Why is Ice Dancing an Olympic Sport?

Emerald525

(scratch)I just had to say it! Why oh why is Ice Dancing an Olympic sport? I know they train hard and work hard but that and synchronized swimming in the summer olympics are the two strangest "sports" for me!(nutty)

What next? Will dancing with the stars be a new summer olympic sport!(laugh)

No offense to all you Avid Olympic Ice dancer followers!:D

Just heard this on the news last night about adding another sport - "Pole Dancing" to the Olympics. Yes , I head it correctly and they even showed a clip of a pole dancer (whistle)

What is the world going to DOH!

Trying to imagine synchronized pole dancing-(scratch)

And this question What is the world going to

Cmon dont even get me started on that one-(flame)

Koom Bi Ya grouphug5.gif

-(puke)

Where were we-Oh yea pole dancing-(naughty)

I did hear golf was going to be added-More gold for the USA

I looked it up wanareef!:eek: You were not kidding. They are seriously considering adding pole dancing to the 2012 Olympics in London as an exhbition sport.(scary)

:USA:

USA! USA! We will win gold for sure!(rock2)

Here's the link for anyone interested:

http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/2010/02/23/2010-02-23_pole_dancing_could_be_recognized_as_a_sport_and_headed_to_the_olympics_.html

I looked it up wanareef!:eek: You were not kidding. They are seriously considering adding pole dancing to the 2012 Olympics in London as an exhbition sport.(scary)

:USA:

USA! USA! We will win gold for sure!(rock2)

Here's the link for anyone interested:

http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/2010/02/23/2010-02-23_pole_dancing_could_be_recognized_as_a_sport_and_headed_to_the_olympics_.html

Lol really?!?!

Sounds like someone is waxing nostagic.(whistle)

Do the ATM's in London disperse dollar bills?

Will they have a DJ with a haunted house voice and the smell of Pabst/urine wafting through the air?

Well, after the tickets are purchased this is the kind of "pole dancing" you will get, Jon.

maypole.jpg

Yup I seen it on the news today and we laughed out loud for some time about it, pole dancing in the Olympics. I think the Olympics are looking to keep young people interested as much as possible.

Look at it on the bright side, now if you spend your nights in a strip club you are no longer a pervert, you're a patriot supporting the Olympic athletes.

Really, I can't believe I'm taking the other side on this but none of us know how hard ice dancing really is...can any of us skate, doing revolutions, while holding a woman over your head with one arm? Didn't think so...

You'll yell at me for this but I don't believe half pipe is in the Olympics...one, give most kids on a snow board 2 months and 1/2 would be able to do most those "tricks"...2) the majority of stunts I watched failed...I don't think it is that hard, I don't think they are in that good of shape (like curling?) and they aren't that good at it considering that it is "all" they do...

DrMerle

I agree ice dancing is really hard work. I actually know someone who used to be a professional ice dancer (which is why I didn't post this on facebook(whistle)) and they train as hard as the figure skaters do. The synchronized swimmers train very hard too. I'm sure it's also very hard work for the future pole dancers as well.(naughty)

I just don't think it is a sport more than a show and find it highly annoying that it fills up so much of the Olympics.

I enjoy watching Cirque de Soleil but I don't think that should be in the Olympics either but then again...they kinda of do pole dancing maneuvers don't they?(scratch)