Need help Eheim 1048 pump

Nate213

I bought a calcium reactor last weekend and was cleaning it up this morning. While putting it back together I broke the threads on the discharge side that are in the pump body. It there anything I can do to fix, or do I need to buy a completely new pump? It doesnt look like Eheim sells just the housing.

I bought a calcium reactor last weekend and was cleaning it up this morning. While putting it back together I broke the threads on the discharge side that are in the pump body. It there anything I can do to fix' date=' or do I need to buy a completely new pump? It doesnt look like Eheim sells just the housing.[/quote']

Get the threaded piece out and weld it back together. Weldon #16 should build up a nice bead around the crack to give it some extra strength.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Stupid pump & calcium reactor. I have had this thing for 2-months and still struggling with leaks. Have used 1-tube of silicone and some plastic epoxy trying to chase the leaks. (I couldnt find any Weldon locally). Does anyone have a 1048 pump they want to sell?

Stupid pump & calcium reactor. I have had this thing for 2-months and still struggling with leaks. Have used 1-tube of silicone and some plastic epoxy trying to chase the leaks. (I couldnt find any Weldon locally). Does anyone have a 1048 pump they want to sell?

I just went thru a similar situation and it turned out I was putting to much pressure thru the reactor. They dont need much a very small powerhead will do, I had tapped into a main return so I put a shut off in the 1/4" line and turned it way down (almost off) and the leaks stopped

I just went thru a similar situation and it turned out I was putting to much pressure thru the reactor. They dont need much a very small powerhead will do' date=' I had tapped into a main return so I put a shut off in the 1/4" line and turned it way down (almost off) and the leaks stopped[/quote']

Do you mean the feed pump? Or the recirc pump? I have a MP400 for the feed pump, so it isnt flowing much. The Eheim is the recirc pump.