Grassi's 65g

grassi

The supersump!

Finally I started upgrading my little sump. It is a pain to do the maintenance in the little one and I don't have enough space for all the water.

So I'm in the process of plumbing a 100g rubbermaid used as a sump/refugium. While I do that I will also connect the 40b which will be the sps frag tank.

I also had to upgrade my water station because the old one was able to provide ony 18 gallons of saltwater. The new one is able to hold about 50g and the water can be pumped directly in the sump, making the water change with buckets something to forget :))

I'm gonna build a table on top of the sump, that will serve as a frag station. There will be the 40b on the left and the new skimmer (external octopus 3000 on the right). A compound microscope will be on the table too :)

I just finished part of the "dry" plumbing. Any suggestion?

Thanks!

IMG_5352.jpg

IMG_5353.JPG

IMG_5354.JPG

IMG_5355.jpg

IMG_5356.JPG

IMG_5357.JPG

IMG_5358.JPG

IMG_5359.JPG

IMG_5360.JPG

Hey Alex.... I need to pick your brain on your "tree manifold" you got going on there.... I need/want to set up something like that, much less complicated of course, but need to make 3 returns and would like to have another one or two "limbs" added to use for future needs... What ya think? Wanna come over and see what I have in mind and give me some ideas before I put this tank all together???

Thanks

Beth

Thanks Mohaynow. I got them online on some store down in cali.

Beth, I'm 300 miles far away right now :(

When are you planning to set it up? I'll be back on sunday

300 miles away?!?! Who is watching the tanks???

Next week is fine Alex, I don't have the frame for the stand yet, the real plumbing is yet to come!

Happy Holidays!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Added a new FTS in the first post.

Showing a lot of growth on sps and more colors. I just switched to ATI bulbs for actinics. I'm loving the more color I can get.

Still fighting some algae due to the RO/DI, but I'm almost out of it :)

Unfortunately, since last FTS I'm missing a lot of clams. I will rebuild the clam garden as soon as I'm sure that everything is ok.

After a few months I'm happy I switched from Kalk to the balling: sps are still growing but I spend less time cleaning the glass from coralline. I can keep it under control now :)

tank.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Really nice tank' date=' Alessandro![/quote']

Thanks Alessandro. I feel like I'm talking to my alterego :)

I'm glad you joined our club.

Thanks again for your suggestion about the test equipment.

Do you have a link to your tank thread to share?