LOOK AT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SULLY

Just thought this should be posted. I know the storm of poo this is going to cause, but what else is new.

2m48w3t.jpg

On Thursday, June 18, 2009, at about 4:30 p.m., Albany Police Detectives took 64-year old Albany resident, Ralph Hawthorne, into custody on 3 counts of Sex Abuse in the Third Degree. Ralph Hawthorne was taken into custody at his business, Amazing Aquarium, located at 1237 SE 9th Avenue following the execution of a search warrant at the location. Ralph Hawthorne was cited and released from the Linn County Jail on the Sex Abuse charges.

The investigation began on June 11, 2009, after an adult female reported that she had been subjected to sexual contact by Roger Hawthorne when she was a patron at Amazing Aquarium.

During the week of June 15, 2009, a second adult female reported that she also had been subjected to sexual contact by Roger Hawthorne when she was a patron at Amazing Aquarium.

Following this a female police officer, working under cover, posed as a patron at Amazing Aquarium. During her time in the business she reported that she too was subjected to sexual contact by Roger Hawthorne.

Investigators have reason to believe that additional women may have been touched inappropriately while at Amazing Aquarium. Anyone with any information at all is asked to contact Albany Police Detectives at 541-917-7686.

His sponsorship needs to be removed quickly!

As a group I DON'T THINK we want to be associated with him.

I too know people are going to be mad at my thoughts and calling for his sponsorship. But it is wrong and our group dosen't need this to be part of it.

I would hope that the BOD and officers of the club take care of this quickly and in good fashion!!!!!!!!

Well unless something weird happens.... and since the 'undercover officer' has an eyewitness account. I think it is a matter of time until he is found guilty.

I still think the problem should be handled quickly....... but I will leave that up to the BOD and the officers to decide.

I think the proof is there. It is one thing to have someone accuse of something that you may or may have not done. But when the accuser is an undercover police officer' date=' you are pretty much done![/quote']

ur right but..........wait.... I just looked at the pic. THEY GOT THE WRONG GUY! THEY GOT SANTA CLAUSE. MY DAUGHTER IS GOING TO BE PISSED.

Guys, at this point, I think the least of his worries is whether he gets booted from "the club." Regardless of the outcome, he's gonna say he was railroaded.

Once this gets out, he'd probably welcome severing ties with anyone who knows his first name.(nono)

DrMerle

So is it Ralph or Roger?

The first few sentences use the name Ralph, and the last few use the name Roger.

I agree with Andy in that innocent until proven guilty, but also agree about the undercover cop.

He's in some poo stew for sure! Don't drop the soap.

The crime he's accused of is a Class A Misdemeanor, punishable by up to a year in prison and a fine of up to $6250. Not sure how the multiple accusations can affect possible sentences.

IANAL, but I'll bet he doesn't do any jail time if convicted.

OK...Yes, sometimes he does come off a little strange but once you get to know him you know not to think anything about it. I have been going there for 2 years now..the aisles are crowded (really Cramped of stuff)with repair items , new items , hoses, etc......now as for charges he IS INNOCENT until PROVEN guilty..(gavel)(gavel).I do know that one of the "accusations" is due to him moving a hose around the goldfiah tanks and his elbow touched her on the breast area I'm sorry but I DO NOT consider that sexual harrasment...one of the other claims was about a comment he made about a ladys daughter long ponytail...during their coversation he said some thing like that must get in the way when she rides. and he said Gina Lola bridgeda the lady said you mean lady godiva>this lady said it was a sexual comment about her daughter... I don't know about the third one BUT I can tell you they confiscated his shop computer and VIDEOS... Just so every one knows he started recording last summer when a comment WAS made to his employee Gina (from a customer) so ask yourself this question would anyone (you) make sexual offense when you are recording it???? .ALSO he has a young girl named Britney (in fact she is Gina's daughter)who has been volunteering there for almost a year(she wants to studt marine biology) and NEVER once has he made any advances etc to either of them...now Britney was in store when of these incidents" took place.

His name is actually Ralph Roger Hawthorne.Now I want you to know THAT I think we should ALL wait until the end to make any real judgements... I will get off my soapbox but I want you to know that if I knew each of you I WOULD also stand behind you until proven guilty... Thank-you ....I'm stepping down now(peace)

He is already guilty,,,, of ABUSE

He should have been kicked out of the club and shut down years ago from his "fish in the bag 3 days later" sale. Talk about animal abuse, what the heck is with leaving fish swimming in there own pee for days when they could be released into the water they are floating in.

I say we stick him in a seinfeld bubble and see how clean it is inside days later, better yet if no one buys him we throw away the key.

Convicted perv or not, he should have been gone a long long time ago.

Our laws say he is innocent until proven guilty. At this point he is accused of a crime but he has not been convicted of that crime and if/until then he is considered innocent. It's amazing how many peoples lives are destroyed because of an accusation that was later proven to be false because people chose to believe the accuser (or the medias skewed stories).

Well, unless the undercover police officer is lying, I don't think there is much to wonder about. This is not something surprising to me at all. It has been know for a LONG time that he has a thing for females and there is nothing wrong with that until you cross the line. When you are a business owner or even an employee, you are under the microscope more than if you were some joe blow walking through the mall and grabbed someone's butt. I know alot of people who will not take their wife or girlfriend into his establishment because of his actions. People who know me already are aware of my feelings towards this business anyways, this just validates my point that much more!

Well' date=' unless the undercover police officer is lying, I don't think there is much to wonder about. This is not something surprising to me at all. It has been know for a LONG time that he has a thing for females and there is nothing wrong with that until you cross the line. When you are a business owner or even an employee, you are under the microscope more than if you were some joe blow walking through the mall and grabbed someone's butt. I know alot of people who will not take their wife or girlfriend into his establishment because of his actions. People who know me already are aware of my feelings towards this business anyways, this just validates my point that much more![/quote']

wait a minute... I have a thing for females too!? I just control it (laugh)

my recommendation would be to take his sponsership down temporarily for review during the proceedings. if he is convicted then leave it down. if aquitted then give it back. that will protect the club in the meantime and IMO supports the innocent until proven guilty argument.

What a huge suprise.

Sad, but when everyone you know gets the same strange vibes when you are around a person, in general there is something up. My wife has been creeped out since the first time she visited this guys shop and I didn't even say how creepy he came off to me until she asked me not to bring her along next time I go down to his store. He has a tendency to get himself tongue tide with inappropriate commentary or conversation when interacting with anyone but especially female. Not saying that he is guilty of anything but bad talk for sure but I can say for sure that he is guilty of that.

That is enough for me. I haven't gone to his shop but once in the last year and that was just to see if the store had changed any.

Everyone has the right to be proven guilty and I agree with that but as far as I am concerned he has been socially inept and inappropriate for some time.

I don't feel that this club should allow sponsorship at this time. Temporary or complete revocation.

Garrett

I don't know him... but everyone is innocent until proven guilty in this country. In my mind there's a difference between a pervy, disrespectful man and a sexual predator. Without knowing details, I'm not passing judgement.