LOOK AT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SULLY

While we like to think our Police are perfect people it just is not true. Just like any other segment there are good ones and bad ones. Therefore in my opinion it has no bearing upon whether he is considered innocent or guilty before he is actually convicted of anything.

I don't know him... but everyone is innocent until proven guilty in this country. In my mind there's a difference between a pervy' date=' disrespectful man and a sexual predator. Without knowing details, I'm not passing judgement.[/quote']

Completely agreed, however, this man is a business owner in an establishment that is open to the public. Whether he is found guilty or not, I do not think that this club should support the conduct that he maintains in his store. This is both in regard to the treatment of customers, and the maltreatment of animals. It reflects poorly on all of us.

While the actions he's been accused of are inexcusable' date=' he hasn't been convicted of anything yet. I'd hold off on any official action until there's a conviction.[/quote']

Would you feel the same way if it was your wife, sister, mother or daughter who had been "touched"

Guest Moderator1
Would you feel the same way if it was your wife' date=' sister, mother or daughter who had been "touched"[/quote']

let's keep this non inflamatory please.

There is an important distinction between personal opinion ("That guy always creeped me out, I'll never shop there again") and the actions of officially registered not-for-profit organizations that collect sponsorship fees from any given individual under discussion.

What I would, or wouldn't do personally has no bearing on what I believe is the right thing for the club to do. Clearly, it rubs some people the wrong way but the American legal system is based on the principle that people are innocent until proven guilty. I think that's a damned fine system. YMMV.

I don't necessarily think that TAD's reply was inflammatory unto itself.

It was a cheap-shot rhetorical trick, a no-win "Have you stopped beating your wife yet?" device, apparently intended to discredit the target no matter how it was answered -- either by casting the target's "manhood" into question if one answer is chosen, or branding them a hypocrite if the other is.

Oh wait, I guess it was inflammatory. Fortunately, it was also transparent and poorly executed. Dodged a bullet there, didn't we.

I am actually surprised that he has a sponsorship with the club still. I have been out of state for about 2 years and see not much has changed with regards to this particular business. When I left oregon the last time there was quite a stink over his business practices with regards to pricing and fair competition. And it seems his business practices havent changed. Based on who made the inital posting of this thread I can see that there are still some unresolved issues and hard feelings towards this particular store.

Now, with this new situation coming to light its even worse. Its really sad whether it is true or not. I have only been in his store a few times before I moved and havent been in since I have been back. But I see its about the same.

With regards to his sponsorship or ties to the club I agree that if he is convicted of these charges then the club should revoke any connection to his store and him personally. Not that it will change him or his business practices in any way if nobody from this club gives him thier business.

I was in his store once about 2 years ago. That was all I needed to see as a business I had no interest in doing business with.

I'm sure he will be in for a long hall of inquiries and court dates. His business may not even make it. For us to be Judge and Jury only works for each individual in there personal decision not as a group...to shop there or not. As far as sponsorship goes. A decision can be made by the board. If you cancel him now prior to any conviction or decision, you may be asking for our own club having a legal problem.

I like to maintain that a person is innocent until proven guilty.

It goes both ways. I know a couple of teachers that have had their careers ruined by a young girl that was angly at them. It only takes one slight word from her to ruin his career.

It almost happened to me when I was student teaching. A young girl accused me of making advances at her. But when push came to shove and we were having a meeting with the principal, parent, teachers, and student, the student locked herself in the bathroom and would not come out. She then confessed that she made it all up so I would stop being the student teacher for her class, and she could have my mentor back as her real teacher.

I do not know if Rodger is innocent or guilty of innapropriate actions. To me it does not matter. I agree that if it was my wife or daughter my attitude would probably be different. But as it stands, let him have his day in court before the lynching starts. With a police officer as a witness against him, it should be a very short trial.

dsoz

Not meant to be.

There is an important distinction between personal opinion ("That guy always creeped me out, I'll never shop there again") and the actions of officially registered not-for-profit organizations that collect sponsorship fees from any given individual under discussion.

What I would, or wouldn't do personally has no bearing on what I believe is the right thing for the club to do. Clearly, it rubs some people the wrong way but the American legal system is based on the principle that people are innocent until proven guilty. I think that's a damned fine system. YMMV.

"

I don't necessarily think that TAD's reply was inflammatory unto itself.

It was a cheap-shot rhetorical trick, a no-win "Have you stopped beating your wife yet?" device, apparently intended to discredit the target no matter how it was answered -- either by casting the target's "manhood" into question if one answer is chosen, or branding them a hypocrite if the other is.

Oh wait, I guess it was inflammatory. Fortunately, it was also transparent and poorly executed. Dodged a bullet there, didn't we. "

This is actually pretty funny. Thanks for the laugh Andy.

oh here we go with more bs fighting on this forum. You guys are about as mature as my 7 yr old. Get a grip. the guy has been arrested and is awaiting his day in court. how about let's give it to him. (I do think he is guilt though but this is just my personal opinion, heard way too much abou the guy)

Guest Moderator1

I think that we will let the BOD decide on the fate of this particular sponsor. I'm closing the thread. It is becoming a little heated.

Thank you