Anything you wish you had done, after setting up your last tank?

siskiou

So, how about that "black pvc" for aquariums, sold on some websites?

Here for example:

http://www.savko.com/index.asp?pgid=4&ptid=18&pid=146&part=92010

That stuff is probably ok. I remember reading on ReefCentral that the black pipe at HD/Lowes is not aquarium safe and that it will leach chemicals into the system.

Some of my regrets:

Buying equipment twice because I thought I was saving myself a buck. I have replaced lights, pumps, etc.

Should have used spa-flex. Should have bought an OM 8-way.

Should have place the header (4X10) of my inwall 2 feet higher so I could have front access!!! DOH!

Oh well. This gives me something to do this winter. Just when I thought that I could sit back, relax and enjoy the fruits of my labor.

Not gonna happen.

Jay

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh well. This gives me something to do this winter. Just when I thought that I could sit back, relax and enjoy the fruits of my labor.

Not gonna happen.

Jay

LOL! But that's half of the fun, isn't it?

A tank is like a marriage, you have to keep working on it to make it a happy one! :D

LOL! But that's half of the fun, isn't it?

A tank is like a marriage, you have to keep working on it to make it a happy one! :D

That's just giving him toooooo meny options!!!!!!!!!!. Remember coral spawning should only be done by qualified personell(laugh)

I gotta plug for Flyguy's rock lifts... super nice' date=' unobtrusive (sp??), and the nicest thing about them is if you are a rearrange (sp?) freak, you can put in pieces and take them out as you need. I like the one he is building for his SPS tank with starboard as the bottom piece so it looks like sand. Definatly worth 60 bucks.[/quote']

There must be some more zoos in my tank you want. (laugh)

I wish I did a 40 breeder rather than a 20L for my zoa garden. It's amazing how quickly I ran out of real estate once I started collecting my zoanthids. I also wish I never opted for a PC lighting set up. Metal halide is the only way to go... well, in my opinion. And most of all, I wish I would have plumbed my system into Jay's system from the get-go! Ah, to have that much water volume for added stability. Plus I'd have the advantage of a calc reactor, a huge skimmer, a fuge... (sad)

I got a nice 46 Bow' date='stand,canopy Stacey and a PC setup for it. :) That would be plenty of room. Later Ryan[/quote']

I'd hate to steer Stacey away from your 46 Bow- but my 40 breeder feels like it has alot more real estate than my 46 bow (my freshwater)... That extra width is nice, and the depth is easy to light.

Now now, Ryan! (peace) rofl

We started out with a 72 bow and I never liked the whole "bow" effect, if that makes sense. It distorted the view. But other than that, pretty tank! So no need for your 46... I have a 72 on the back deck that we can't seem to unload on someone! (laugh)

• 2 weeks later...