Sign in to follow this  
badxgillen

September 2017 ATA Meeting Pics

Sorry about the delay in the post, just got my son moved into his dorm and got to spend yesterday having lunch, packing some of his things, and hanging out. Right after seeing him off, and eating dinner, I got to starting this thread.

As you all know, or now will know, the September meeting at All Things Aquarium was a Hoot! The place was loaded with SPS, LPS, and softy corals not to mention fish of all sorts.

SAM_3177.JPG

Everything was nice and clean, several of the tanks looked amazing!

SAM_3067.JPG

spot on. Look at this frag forest! I missed out on a red/orange centered green yuma, we left a little early and I completely forgot to snag one! Bummed, guess I better sneak back to ATA.

SAM_3044.JPG

In between the store and the adjacent building there is a very nice courtyard area that facilitates gatherings like this splendidly.

SAM_3116.JPG

You might be able to see in the background there, Zoolander lent his skills to the grill and did a great job, thanks a ton man.

SAM_3085.JPG

And speaking of the grill man, here he is on the left, thinking ahead of time with those shades, it was such a beautiful day. And speaking of generous guys, Bicycle Bill here on the right came in handing out coral frags like it was trick or treat candy...He is such a nice person, generous with the corals and good advice, Bill is one of the good ones.

SAM_3034.JPG

Here is another of the good old boys. The main man at the ATA store, Erin. He opened up his store for all of us to come in and have our meeting, BBQ, and raffle at. He has a wealth of knowledge and seems to have a knack for the aquatics, I know I will be back to pick his brain and aquariums sooner than later. Thank you my friend.

SAM_3028.JPG

Two of our awesome sponsors here in one shot, Stylaster left and Mr Bret on the right. Both have contributed quite a bit of their time over the years both off and on the BOD and office, Cheers to you two...And Thanks a ton for the frags Roy, I will return the favor.

SAM_3033.JPG

Highschool Reefer, eyeballing the store goods no doubt. I forgot to mention I had a few things I could throw you for your new tank setup and a few pointers on keeping macro algae trimmed back. Maybe I will see you next month though.

SAM_3090.JPG

Jfry here. This guy is in my line of work, aquatics maintenance, and I love talking about others setups and tanks with this guy. He has some good stories and is getting seasoned thats for sure. You all know you have to come up with a lot of different solutions to strange problems in the reefing world.

SAM_3112.JPG

Kai made it out to another meet, very nice guy. Hope that zoanthid pack you won is doing well, there were some lookers in there, blues, reds, and a little yellow. Should ease into the new tank just fine.

SAM_3110.JPG

Gill&Fin center and DJ right. I meant to ask you on some QT questions Holly. Maybe I can still get some info out of you and see if you get file fish in frequently? And sorry I did not have time to swing by DJ, believe me I have plans on it in the near future.

SAM_3115.JPG

Youcallmenny on the left and Albertareef on the right. With the good people that will give you a hand with the move you should be just fine getting into your new place, sounded like you have it pretty well planned out now. 

SAM_3123.JPG

Reefer Madness left and Daniel right. Daniel makes the Reefi lighting system and is a working on a couple other products as well. He also has a killer tank setup. Reefer Madness, let me know when your going on that crabbing trip, I love dungenous. And I will keep my eyes peeled for a cowrie.

SAM_3097.JPG

Lex inverts chatting with Mr Bret. I have always liked this guy, he tells it like it is...And Also has a few very nice setups. He bred some seahorses too not too long ago.Now that I think about it I think Bret has some baby seahorses right now.

SAM_3206.JPG

Whop whoop!!! I got this pic  of Paul here winning the gift certificate to All Things  Aquarium. He is totally stoked! I would be too, so much there to grab, I bet that certificate never left the store.

SAM_3189.JPG

Grand Prize Vortech went to Albertareef! Way to go man, nice score! I love these raffles that are equal tickets equal chances. Although I wouldn't mind buying more tickets on certain items, it is a refreshing change once in a while to just take a true shot at chance.

A major highlight of this meet  was the presentation given by Miles about fluorescent pigment proteins. He explained a number of things on the subject such as tracking/monitoring cell functions, mutations, calcium and photo reactions...It was wild.

I can elaborate a little more when I get back from work but for now just enjoy these shots of Mils slides. He did a great job and was very informative, answering all of Andy's questions :) But really Miles, Thank You, it was awesome.miles presentation slides.jpg

A slide miles had showing the cell internal structure and Florescent Proteins that assist in research.

miles talk atendance.jpg

Lined up were a number of people who wanted to get a more in depth knowledge of the mysterious GFPs. You can see all the way down on the left had side there is a junior member getting his first reef class sessions in.

optimus PNWMAS.jpg

. OptimusPrime taking addvantage of the black light LED flashlight. I wish I could take those, inject them into my montis, and make a new variety of "tie dye" coral.

SAM_3040.JPG

SAM_3041.JPG

SAM_3061.JPG

SAM_3065.JPG

SAM_3069.JPG

OH and th
e obligatory coral shots here and there.

SAM_3154.JPG

Miles brought some samples of the Florescent Proteins, both natural and man made. Not too sure where he gets all these but I wouldn't mind a few for this upcoming Halloween...How many corals would you say is in one of those little bottles Miles?

SAM_3158.JPG

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

One of my favorite things after the meeting is to see what kind of write up you are going to do! Thanks again Miles! I sadly had to miss your presentation as I was helping Sirena watch the grandkids. Looks pretty cool and you even brought props! :)

Thanks everyone who could come! It's always a good time seeing old friends and meeting new ones!

• Like 2

Thanks for the great pics and write up Bert!  This is always one of my favorite parts of the meetings... am always anxious to see what you come up with. 

I think I may have to retire from raffles - don't want to risk my string of luck since Kim wants to take me to Vegas as her good luck charm😄  Kidding aside, very cool to win the MP40 - all my old power heads are dying off so am completely out of spares. Been thinking it would be great to try one of these and now I can!

Great to see a nice turnout of both familiar and new faces. Even got to see Zoolander manning the grill - nice job my man!

• Haha 1

Great photos and write up! I love these meet ups and always learn new things! Although I am only in the hobby for 7 months, I start to get why you guys are so into reefing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

This "All Things Aquarium" looks extremely familiar.... Wasn't is "The Premium Aquarium" a year ago?

11 minutes ago, Exodus said:

This "All Things Aquarium" looks extremely familiar.... Wasn't is "The Premium Aquarium" a year ago?

Good eye!  I believe you are indeed correct. I didn't realize that the location stayed the same when the name changed as I hadn't made it down there before. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By badxgillen
      Happy New Year!!!
      To kick things off in 2019 we are going to be taking a trip to one of the most old school salt water shops around, Upscales.

Known for their killer salt water fish, amazing corals, and exotic reptiles, Upscales has a little something for everyone. Join us at the end of the month for a meet and greet at one of our oldest sponsors to get your reef on. I still have my Oregon Tort and my Upscales Microlados but I am sure Travis and his crew will have a plethora of other must have corals in stock that I will be tempted to walk away with, gotta hit up those buy one get another coral half off deals. And they always have nice clams and anemones to choose from as well.
      Here are the basic details below.
      Time---Sunday January the 27th at 1:00PM
      Address---19295 SW Martinazzi Ave, Tualatin, OR 97062
      Stay tuned for updates on the event as they roll in, there is always something brewing here in the PNWMAS club.
    • By badxgillen
      Another Awesome December holiday meeting in the bag! Last year we had our gathering further north into Portland where as this year we took it down to the city of Salem. At Wallery's Pizzeria to be exact. We have held a few meets at this venue in the past so it was familiar surroundings to me. The establishment lets us have the whole back room that has 4 large seating tables and a couple smaller tables for us to do the white elephant gift exchange and to get our raffle on. We certainly needed the extra table room as we had developed a large pool of prizes.

You can also see that underneath we have already started a line of coolers, boxes, and styrofoams to accommodate the corals for the frag swap.
      PNWMAS making themselves right at home, despite the automotive decor and draft beer signs the club went straight into reef mode and our salt water conversations permeated the establishment.

At the end of this festive table we have Markvo sitting next to Reefrun and her son. At the head of the table is Jim and Roy and sitting to their right is R-3 Ryan...Included in this pictures FAR left in the stylish Christmas sweater is Youcallmenny.

R-3 and Gumby taking advantage of the meet and greet and having a nice reef discussion. I am always happy to see some of the Washington guys come down south. And Jim, if you still need any coral frags for the Boys and Girls club aquarium hit me up with an address and I will see if I can ship you out a little package. Jim was a major player in having their club host the Annual Frag Festival this year and last, so they have my continued support.

Left here is Kathleen, middle is Garret of The Premium Aquarium, and right we have Lexinverts. All very nice people here, Lexinverts is our Vendors Relations officer here for our club and Garret has been a supporting sponsor for a number of years making contributions when he can. Thanks Guys!

Left in this pic is BicycleBill, middle we have Taylorhardy, and on the right it's optimusprime. Bill, if any frag you get from me doesn't work out for some reason just let me know and I will get another one lined up for you. The cyphastrea I brought was very fresh cut and a little rough,. If you give it a dark spot and not too much flow it will come to and encrust, then color up a lovely bright golden red. Taylor, I hope your new tanks equipment acquisition goes smoothly, and once you have more room keep me in mind and I will cut you a piece of something. Very generous of you to hand out all those Acropora frags to people you have never met, in time the generosity will come back to you for sure. Dodge, you and I should meet up outside a meet sometime and shoot the pooo, I can bring a frag or two and maybe do a trade, or just let me check out the system. I been meaning to make a reefer run up north sometime in the not too distant future.

Garret saying hello to one of the newest coral kids on the block, Dominic and Reefermadness's newborn son. He is SO Tiny!!! Gonna take a while to grow that one out, but so far he is looking like a healthy start.

Gumby sitting down not knowing that FlashyFins is right behind him with a nice pair of rabbit ears. Merry Christmas!!! Cherany is another one of our awesome PNWMAS members who spends a number of unpaid hours working behind the scenes for our club. Thank You Cherany.

Stylaster sharing some of his coral wisdom with Ryan. Roy has been a generous contributing PNWMAS member for years and years and has served as club president on multiple terms. If you ever get a chance to strike up a salt water conversation with him, you should, he is a seasoned salty dog with a wealth of knowledge.

And yet another outstanding member of our club, Albertareef on the right has been a valuable asset to our PNWMAS office and Board Of Directors for a while now, always pitching in on keeping things straight and proper, good man.Here you can see that Flashyfins and Shaun make a stand up team and just knock out the tasks at hand like real pros, they ran the raffle like the veterans they are. 
      And speaking of raffles....

DSBlack gets to add quite a bit more flow to his tank at home with his new Hydor circulation pump. It's always nice to have more flow or a back up pump that's for sure.

Lexinverts took away the AquaMedic Doser pump, I love the brand but have not tried a doser, once you get a chance to put it to the test maybe let us know what you think about it.

Talk about excited here! Youcallmenny gets a winning number pulled and hits it big! The Gyre pump should make some "waves" for you man. Put that thing to good use yeah.

Whats cool here is that from what I understand Brian and Grace here needed an RODI unit. Nice Score man!

Taylor got a brand new Vectra DC pump that will put his big boy tank build on the right track. Check that one off the list right!? 
      The room had less than desirable lighting so many of my pictures were sub par. I did manage to get a couple that came out of the White Elephant but not many unfortunately. Next time I need to bring a flash, usually the ambient lighting at our events is from high lit reef tanks or outside so these incandescent bulbs really made it difficult on my camera.

White elephant gift exchange?... Or Pink elephants gift exchange? Sorry Dodge, you won't be holding onto that Malibu for long, there are a lot of thirsty folks in the room and you got your number drawn so early. By the way, love the VW shirt, represent.

Badxgillen AKA Bert unwrapped a whole box of fine hazzlenut chocolates...And when I say unwrapped, I mean I unwrapped them then and there. I have a little bit of a sweet tooth. I do like to share though so no one missed out on these treats.

BicycleBill unbagging a load of fishy ocean treats, looks like it could b e movie night soon Bill.

FlashyFins got some porcelain ocean life decor to spruce up her bathroom a little.
      After we wrapped up the gift exchange we proceeded to just socialize and eat pizza. I acquired a few new coral frags and met a couple new faces that are on the forum. Combine that with getting to see my old friends and you have a winning combination. Unfortunately, before I knew it, it was time to leave.
      After the meeting many of us went home as the weather left much to be desired, but several of us that don't get to Salem very often made a short trip over to The Premium Aquarium.

As usual the store did not disappoint and was full of aquatic treasure.

Did I mention I like candy?... 

There even just so happened to be a buy 3 get one free deal so you know I had to get myself 4 nice corals before I hit the road.

Tanks looked really good guys, keep up the good work yeah.
      Anyhow, as I mentioned above, the annual holiday meeting did not disappoint, a room full of cool people, good food, killer prizes, and non stop reef talk made for a very fast and full 2 hours. Just like Christmas day, you take all the time to make sure it is a success, but then it is over before you know it.Well, regardless,  I had a Blast folks!
      Thank you all who were able to attend and a BIG thank you to all who helped make it possible, our fine group of officers and BOD. Badxgillen, FlashyFin, Jeremevans, Lexinverts, Albertareef, Lewisfisherman, Youcallmenny, Paratore, Chief, TheClark, and All of our sponsors and All of our members...
      You All ROCK, Reef ON!!!

• By badxgillen
      As mentioned in the December meeting thread the holiday party would make an opportune place/time to have a frag swap so lets get one started here. These are the general guidelines I like to recommend for these coral exchanges.
      If you would like, you can do your trading on the fly by just bringing by a few pieces and hoping that some one will have a desirable coral you want...Or better yet, you can post up what you have to trade and work out a preemptive exchange here on the forums, that method always works best for me. You can feel free to use this thread to post your trade-ables in or start a thread of your own.
      But First, let me get you some of Bert's basis tips for success here.
      1.) make an attempt to have a fragment of reasonable size and health and try and get things cut and ready a few days to a week ahead of time to have the wounds healed up for the exchange. And double/triple check for pest invertebrates or algaes before sending your corals out, we try to keep invasives to a minimum here...And once you get your frags home, just in case, always acclimate the specimens then dip the corals before you put them into your personal aquarium. QT Aquariums are best but good old Revive, Coral RX, Melafix, Iodine, or Bayer will do much better at prevention than nothing.
      2.) Try to package your corals appropriately. This can mean not putting a spiny coral like birds nest into a thin dollar store bag or not utilizing insulation on an extended cold or warm trip. Try a small cooler or Styrofoam. If you can't find either of these and the destination is a long distance, keep the vehicle air conditioned or heated appropriately. As far as packaging goes you can double bag and use thicker mil plastics, or something else like a Tupperware or specimen container. I have even used washed out yogurt or cottage cheese containers that stack well inside the coolers. Just use something that will work, nothing like losing a nice and colorful animal because the bag got too cold and leaked all the water out on the way home.
      3.)Do your best to be courteous and fair to one another by not take advantage of each others ignorance or generosity. These are people of all levels in the hobby so give them the benefit of your knowledge and experience instead of the cold shoulder. And speaking of generosity, that giving nature has always been smiled upon here at PNWMAS and pay it forward tends comes back around these parts.
      Well, the meeting is closing in fast, less than two weeks yeah.
      So Let's see em folks,  Whatcha Got!? Corals that is!
    • By badxgillen
      WHOOP WHOOP!!! It is that time of year again, December is almost upon us and that means it is time for our Annual PNWMAS Holiday Party! I know I used a few too many exclamation points but I am just so garsh darn excited! Here listed below is the need to know so Save that date!
      Basic Information
      Walery's Premium Pizza
      1555 Edgewater St NW, Salem, OR 97304
      December 22nd 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM. 
      The club will order a few pizzas and pitchers to get the festivities started off with, but with the counter to the pizzeria is just 15 feet away you should be able to get whatever you need conveniently. Being a pizza fan I like finding what a friend likes and going in on a pizza to share, variety is the spice of life right?
      Don't forget that we will have the annual White elephant gift exchange to get in on! To participate we recommend bringing a wrapped item someone might appreciate of a $10-$15 value. We will draw numbers to dictate the order of handing out the gifts, and allow for one optional theft of a previous opened present per person. If you have not participated in a white elephant gift exchange before, this may all sound funny, but I assure you it is a riot of a game where everybody has a good time and walks away with something to remember.
      If you are not satisfied with just one gift exchange then don't fret, we have ourselves a good old fashioned frag swap you can get your fix with here. http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/topic/44091-december-2018-frag-swap-thread/
      And Last but not Least, we have some amazing prizes from our awesome sponsors and our PNWMAS club, you know we never disappoint. So make sure to bring some cash to buy some tickets and increase those winning odds, and stay tuned for more updates and additions to the raffle prize roster, you all know the PNWMAS December party is always Big!

• By badxgillen
      Well folks, it has been a while since I have done a photo recap for the club, but here I am finding a bit of time to get these pics in order and to see if I can recollect the events of this last weekend. As you may know the PNWMAS Officers and BOD have been working hard to bring you another awesome club event, and for October we brought you our second Annual Frag Festival!!

This was no easy task, Many, many hands played part in realization of this coral expo. Going beyond the usual reach of our club officers and Board Of Directors, we all accomplished this endeavor and made it a Complete Success!

Jim, AKA Gumby, was key to establishing our position at the same venue as last year, the Clinton and Gloria South West Washington Boys and Girls club Clubhouse. The establishment was stellar for this event facilitating our raffle room, vendor room, and the guest speakers. Kudos Man, virtual fist bump from Bert here.
      Lexinverts and I got up at 3:30 and left from Corvallis early morning as usual to try and make it to the opening 6:AM setup. Fortunately Gumby, Cherany, and Roy had beaten us there and were already on the job of getting the raffle room in order as well as the vendor floor. 
      Another shout out to Jim and his wife, they made us a little break table which was SO nice, especially for those folks who had traveled so early so far without a bite to eat. Let me at that jelly donut!!!

Just look at this spread! Can you imagine how happy the volunteers and vendor were when they layed eyes on this feast!? Underneath all those delectable donuts is a plethora of tasty muffins and right after this shot Lexinverts promptly made pitcher after pitcher of hot morning coffee. It amazes me how considerate all of the people on our team are. I only brought a camera, towels, totes and break down equipment...And Yours Truly.
      Our amazing vendors and sponsors donated a nice array of col reef related swag for the entrance free table, there were still being things added after I took this picture, so COOL! I love memorabilia!

I have to also back up just a tad and give a shout out to Jim's son who, as the talented artist he is, made us a custom 3 foot PNWMAS door sign. HAIL YES!!!! It looked amazing, unfortunately in the shot I took here the angle doesn't do it justice, when looking at the sign dead on it is vivid, colorful, and opaque. f I could hang it on my wall at home I would.

Ex Prez Stylaster and Stacy P. doing their thing figuring out raffle logistics and other tedious pre-Frag Fest plans. Stacey and Joanne do the bulk of communications between PNWMAS and the Washington crew who had managed the Bob Moore Frag Swap. Very cool to have them on board when we need some experienced help. Never take for granted the people who helped you make it on your road to success. The PNWMAS Crew considers you one of ours for sure.
      And speaking of success!!! I had one of my main comrades here withe me for setup, none other than Andy B Aka Lexinveerts. When this guy is on your team he really puts the work in. We were moving bucket after bucket, tote after totes, and aquarium after aquarium into the vendor room, I am used to this back breaking work hence my trade of business but Andy went above and beyond and tackled so much it was nothing short of commendable. Thank You Andy B!!! Hope your still not sore from the madness, I know I was.

I shared his stern yet relaxed look in the eyes, being a teacher this cat can keep it cool... And I Dig the hat, Costa Rica RULES!!!!

As I mentioned before FlashyFins/Cherany was on top of our organization and coordination for this frag fest...Not to mention she made a spectacular mermaid.

Another shout out to our Norther Trio! With special thanks and recognition to our good friend Gumby! Center left...And while we are at it, another whats up to Stylater the EX Prez, far left, and Stacey P to the far right.
      Also have to give props to the folks who stood by and handled the door traffic, we had folks trying to roll in at 9:00 AM until after 3. Much appreciated that you could all stand guard while we all were able to play our part or simply attend the speaker, so selfless of you.

Once the vendors started to roll in it was non-stop, vans and trucks just kept coming in and our awesome crew helped unload the vehicles.

Once on the floor the comradery was amazing, it gives me a funny feeling inside to sit back and watch vendors in direct competition still lend a hand in helping each other setup. Between Jim, Andy, Steve, and I it was a "breeze"  A HEAVY Breeze. On the left you can see one of our vendors, Unrivaled Reefs, and to the right, Salt Water City!
      Here you can see Saltwater City getting ready and Unrivaled Reefs being as friendly as a neighbor can be. These guys  were very cool.

AWWWW SCHLERACTINIA!!!! I love this shirt, and I feel it...Bob Moore Represent!!! And here we are, PNWMAS, To Bring It To Another Year!!! For those of you who were not here, this year, let me break it down for you...In Our Right Corner, weighing in at 200 and 65 frags...

Tampico Coral Farms! A normally wholesale business showed up and WoWed us with some take-home corals for the regular hobbyist. To the left of that was one of our all time favorites the Premium Aquarium! Housing nothing but the best of the best, you know how they roll. AND Left of the TPA, our other home run hitter Golden Basket Corals! If this corner trio doesn't get you excited then I don't know what will!
      Well... I have an idea...More Corals?..

Two new comers to the North West Frag Swap were KMM Corals and Ship Wreck Corals! So Cool, we were very happy to have you here amongst our previous attendees. Great new corals and a great new attitude! Looking forward to what you have for us next year.

Left of Ship Wreck Corals was one of our old school sponsors from the north, Barrier Reef. Here you can see Natalia doing what she does best just slanging corals.
      On the opposing side was a few more outstanding coral salesmen with their fine wares.

Who do we have here!? The SeaHorse Aquarium Supply!!!! Packed and Stacked, ready for action. Really nice to see them here this year. Clean and Crisp for sure.

Paul Hamby working his magic. He has been attending since the Bob Moore events and was one of our only hobbyist tables. Bad To The Bone!!!
      All in all this event was straight hoppin'!!!

Corals to the Left.

And Corals to the Right
      So if you didn't hear...
      We had one outstanding raffle planned this year, with many obvious thanks to our PNWMAS Club and vendors, but a special thanks needs to go out to Cuttle Fish and Corals who went above and beyond in attaining us some the treasure trove of prizes we had, Thank you So Much Jeff!!!

Freaking Molokos certificate Yeah!!!! Fishoutofwater takes that home for the win. Love the Shirt and love the Enthusiasm, WHOOO!!!!

ZorroReef went in and nabbed the ATO! Never hurts to have a reliable back up, after stability, redundancy is the name of the game.

Badxgillen used those gift certificates right quick! One for The Premium Aquarium and one for the Barrier Reef! Aw Yeah! There is no saving this for later, it is Coral in  the TANK!

Not only did our Ex President Emerald her win the Barrier Reef certificate, but she also took home the Santa Monica Algae Scrubber...Way To Go Kim!!! Emerald here also assisted in getting our guest speaker to become a reality, no easy task. Lots of coordination, communicating, and driving.Thank You Kim!!!

Here is our other Ex President and one of the people who helped spear head this whole Frag Fest part 2, Roy, Aka Stylaster. You can see he was lucky enough to take home a Stumptown corals certificate so he could get his Acropora Fix. StumpTown attended last year but was a little too busy to make round our way this time of year in 2018. Always next year though right!? And Thank You Roy, we all appreciate your participation in this  years events.

The Avast certificate was in good hands once the Clark got a hold of it. Another player in the whole PNWMAS Frag Fest Scene. The Chief and Clark are our current site Admins and they worked tirelessly to uphold the tech side of he clubsite and the FragFest site....Way to go Clark, AVAST Acrylic!

AWWW $H!!!,it is DSBlack taking away the Prime LED!!! You can tell he is Stoked! Let us know how it turns out yeah.

Here Ron is predicting another win, he did very well in the raffle arena getting a number of his tickets pulled, going for the gold!

I Know! our all like, Styllaster Again!?... Well this is actually River City Corals win, Roy was just kind and honest enough to hold the tickets for the prize as well as claim it for the person. Way to go Brian, and way to go Roy! Apex for the WIN!!!

Colby unexpectedly dropped in and left us with some Piscine Aquatics raffle prizes as well as a ton of samples. Thank You Colby, look forward to seeing you next year, let me know when you have some of those projects ironed out.

Maybe next year we can have some dry goods booths for some of our sponsors who do not deal in livestock, Daniel here is the brains behind the Reefi Labs.

After all the Fun, and after getting up at 3:30 to try to get to Washington by 6:00 then closing down the event by 5 to make the trip back home... As many of the rest of you know, it then came time to acclimate, dip, and place corals into their appropriate places. What we won't do for the hobby yeah!?
      I do have to make another round of applause for those who made this spectacular even a reality.
      Our Deserving Officers and Board of Directors- Stylaster, FlashyFins, Albertareef, LexInverts, JeremyEvans, Badxgillen, KKnight, Emerald, The Clark, Chief, Paratore, Youcallmeny, and Lewisfisherman.
      Our Washington Sisters and Brothers-- Stacy Pziezak, Jim/Gumby, and family,
      And some of our hardcore PNWMAS Crew- OptimusPrime, Steve, ReeferMadness, and many I am forgetting in the mix. All your help was appreciated!
      And as usual, last but not least, the people who all make this all really possible...The PNWMAS Club, to without it, would not be possible..
      THANK YOU ALL,
      YOU PEOPLE ROCK,
      REEF ON!!!!

And for your viewing pleasure, I have a ton more pics on their way, especially on the guest speaker Mr Saltwater.