Thinking about selling it all

PowderBlue

Here's the gig, my tanks been running me through the hoops since before I left for vacation, now after vacation it's worse. Came home to my nem nearly dead, lost a few big colonies of sps, All fish are healthy, lots of my other corals are doing good but I feel like I'm chasing my tail. It will NOT be parted out. If it's getting sold its everything or nothing. I'd do part trade for a smaller NICE all in one.

Here is the list

48x24x12 shallow lagoon purchased brand new 6 months ago

Gyre 130 purchased brand new 6 months ago

a spare gyre 130 about 10 months old

4 foot 6 bulb tek like with all ATI bulbs purchased 6 months ago, a few are only 3 months old

Marineland stand purchased 6 months ago

SRO XP HUGE skimmer with automatic neck cleaner and external collection cup

40 breeder sump

aquamax calcium reactor

Full ATO setup

Heaters

carbon reactor

A ton of corals zoas sps, lps, softies. I will be keeping some of them but not much.

Apex with temp probe, ph probe, eb8

The underneath of the stand has never seen a sump or water, my setup is plumbed into my garage. The skimmer setup alone would have cost someone nearly 1000 dollars. Nothing is cheap and nothing is broken. All fish will be included aside from my clown and a couple others. I'll be keeping my shrimp.

Price is 2 grand for it all. a19fa08d7b29cf03f6ce947400869de3.jpgf8d24b491b7803dea7be0e2f654c3581.jpg

I'm in Oregon city pm me if you're serious. If you don't want certain parts like the apex or spare gyre we can work something out.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear about the misfortune man :/ losing corals can be super disheartening. I was about ready to be done when I lost all my SPS last summer. If you do go for a smaller tank, I absolutely love my Nuvo 20 and would highly recommend it! Or the new Red Sea nano, it looks like a solid tank also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just suck it up and keep with it ;) this hobby throws you curveballs and you just need to roll with it................you set this up as your ideal tank right ????????

Yea it is, I'm just getting extremely frustrated! I just don't get how it could swing this bad this fast. Salinity was down which was my fault, but the mag drop, then random stuff dying is driving me bonkers.

I just did a 20 gallon water change, and I'll probably do another 20 on Friday, to try and keep thing healthy. But I'm very close to just throwing in the towel.

Oh the challenges of this hobby. I'm with Scott don't give up! Sometimes with sps you just look at it the wrong way and it dies. Even the best lose a colony or 2 or 3. This is a great setup. I have seen it in person. I remember you saying you were supplementing with different coral foods and you were getting incredible growth. Sometimes with such rapid growth you can delete the nutrients and just can't ever catch up. I had that happen with dosing aminos in the past.

Silver lining is you can start from scratch.

I hope you stick around and keep your setup. ????

• Like 3

Oh man - sorry to hear about your struggles. Sounds like you put a lot of thought and effort into your build and might have some major regrets down the road if you toss in the towel now. Know it took me 6 years to get serious about the hobby again after a major crash and I really missed it. Kind of wish I would have fought through it at the time but what can you do - have to make a call sometimes. Good luck - hope things bounce back quickly and you come through Ok.

Edited by albertareef
  • Like 2

Yea it is, I'm just getting extremely frustrated! I just don't get how it could swing this bad this fast. Salinity was down which was my fault, but the mag drop, then random stuff dying is driving me bonkers.

I just did a 20 gallon water change, and I'll probably do another 20 on Friday, to try and keep thing healthy. But I'm very close to just throwing in the towel.

I understand the issues.........I had a bunch of acans and they were doing great. Moved them all to another tank and well it all went to [language filter] quickly..........not sure why but got them looking good after a few losses......it sucks but we all deal with it. I have a nice chunk f forest fire waiting......................

• Like 1

I agree with everyone else...don't give up! I haven't completed my reef build yet and can only imagine the amount of time, money, blood, sweat, and tears you have put into your system.

I think the fact that you are sustaining a tropical marine ecosystem in a glass or acrylic [emoji6] box in your house... in Oregon...is pretty amazing. Keep at it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Thanks for the kind words everyone! I was a little overwhelmed last week and especially last night haha. I was on the edge for sure of just throwing in the towel. After some sleep and taking it all in I gotta just try and fight this out a while longer. I'm hoping after a few water changes it will calm down.

• Like 3

Good to hear... Think about how many times you've come and gone from this hobby, I honestly can't remember at this point lol.

If you really need a break, tear it all down, clean it up and leave it in it's spot in your house... Give it a few weeks and see how you really feel. My guess is it won't take you long to get it wet again.

Part of this hobby is the challenge... or sometimes the struggle. 

Happy Turkey day bud!

• Like 2

I agree with everyone sell it all and get out while you can ????

I had a 10yr break and returned. Just keep doing what your doing and you'll get it figured out...you'll come back stronger from this.

Seems like the slight 3days vacation does a number on tanks. (Did too me).

Have a great day Randal

• Like 1