Hi Everyone, 

Let start with an introduction. My name is Nakul, and I live in Corvallis, Oregon. 

My wife and I got into this hobby (more like getting into it) after we had a roommate who had a freshwater tank, but he recently moved out. And now we are too used to having an aquarium at our place. 

We have decided to start with a salt water aquarium (but real slow as we are just students and can't throw in a lot of money all of a sudden). 

Besides this, in my day to day life, I like to play soccer, video games, photography, and traveling. I am a mechanical engineering student, and my wife just graduated with a degree in Animal Science, and is thinking about going to Veterinary School.

I guess this is where I will end the introduction.

It's a pleasure being a part of this community.

Thank you,

Nakul 

• Like 3

Welcome to the forum! You have a great group of people on your area to help you including milesmiles lexinverts and Badxgillen.

I was originally planning on being a veterinarian and took some animal science classes way back in the day !

Welcome to the forum! I live in Salem so just a short while up but I'm also a student at OSU so I'll be around the school year! Great group of people hear, I've learned so much fun them :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome. Great place to be when starting off. Remember to start a build thread :)

Yes there are a few people in Corvallis who are in the hobby, its just a matter of making some time to meet up. As mentioned Lex, Badx, Miles, are located in Corvallis but so is InvertsRock, Reefermadnes, Beasilybub, catfish, and Kireek. A few of these people may be off and on he forum but are always still in the hobby.

Maybe I will see you around.

Hot diggity! Welcome to the forum. You'll like it here. Just some good people who enjoy an aquarium or two..or three...maybe even four. Ok. Some of us have a lot of aquariums. Hehe.

If you ever want to talk about aquariums. I imagine any of us in Corvallis would love to chat.

Hope to see you around.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Will
      Brand new Marineland 300 deep dimension "corner flow" aquarium for sale. Includes new tank and new tank stand, black. Tank has never been filled and is currently in storage unit. I am only asking $2,000 firm. I am in the Beaverton area. 
      Willbowler@hotmail.com
    • By cmckown
      New here so I guess I cant post classifieds. I am moving out of state and need to pass on my SPS tank.
      Any ideas for me to post or contacts to be made I am all ears. I have it on Craigs but could sure use some help.
      971344886three Corey.

• By FishfinderGeneral
      Hello! My name is Harrison Baker. I'm currently working with Dr. Tim Miller-Morgan on an Oregon State University Extension project to identify Oregon's ornamental fish breeders. In the long term, we're looking to promote the ecological and economic benefits of ornamental aquaculture within the state. Right now, I'm just in the "find everybody" phase.    If you or someone you know in Oregon is breeding/fragging/cultivating enough of an organism to distribute, please shoot me a message. I'll pass along a survey to get a feel for what you do. Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have. :-)
    • By xmas_one
      This is great article on reefscaping I wanted to share. 
      https://www.fish-etc.com/aquascaping-main/on-the-rocks-how-to-build-a-saltwater-reefscape
    • By GumdropDan
      Hey there Reefers!

This is my first post, and most importantly my first reef tank. As a kid, I would always try to convince my parents to let me get a saltwater tank, and for a moment there I had convinced them to get me one, that is until my mom got a swarm of advice to stay clear of saltwater because "it's too complicated for a kid".I was then given a freshwater tank, 1 UGLY fish, some plastic rocks and no proper equipment. It was a sad childhood indeed lol. 

Let me tell you my story, if you care to read on. I'm a bit of a story teller. 

Now I am 24, I have an amazing job, and more importantly my own tank. I started collecting all the necessary equipment about a year ago when I walked into Saltwater Obsessions in Gresham, located right here in the great PNW. They had a beautiful display tank and before I knew it, I was a kid again running around looking at all the fish. As soon as I saw the corals, man oh man, I was instantly hooked. Most people start off in the hobby because of the fish, but for me, it was always about the corals. That same day I bought a 90 gallon tank, it was pretty beat up, but I sure do love a project. Filled with excitement, I took the tank outside into the parking lot, a few moments later, I looked at my 4 door corolla and realized, this tank isn't going to fit in my car at all. As I stood there confused, the store owner's buddy offered to take the tank to my house, I couldn't have thanked him enough. I spent the next few weeks sanding, painting, resealing and updating all the hardware. 

Later on, I found out my apartment could not support the weight of a the 90 gallon reef tank, not including the sump I was going to add. About 9 months later I stumbled on a JBJ 45 Gallon Rimless tank for $150! These tanks are easily sold for around $700 and the only problem with it, was it needed to be resealed. I quickly jumped on it and drove about 2 hours to get there and another 2 to get back. 

I spent the weekend working on the tank, about 12 hours each day trying to get this tank ready. Now the tank is resealed, cleaned and ready for rocks. I just ordered some dry rocks and should be here in about a week. Thanks Bulk Reef Supply!

I am so grateful that I will be able to start reefing, after a year of hard research I think Im ready to get started. 

Keep on Reefing!