Lexinverts' Red Sea Max reef tanks

Lexinverts

• 3 weeks later...

Lots of SPS growth, so I have had to move things around. I just switched to the new version of Triton supplements CORE7 Elementz. They are a little cheaper and easier to dissolve. So far so good.

FTS_9-18-2016_zpsg5xbhxap.jpg

Rommel's Watermelon, Rainbows in Spain, Ocean 11 Millie, Pink Lemonade, and Red Planet all growing into each other. Trouble brewing.

IMG_7489_zpsqvi5pnru.jpg

IMG_7496_zpsrvaunjmq.jpg

IMG_7492_zpsmkwkd0l5.jpg

IMG_7498_zpsvbtswfvp.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just got back from more than a week away and discovered that my blue rufus stag had grown into several corals. Pulled it out, and then discovered I had a nice orange digi colony behind it that was almost completely blocked. I need a bigger tank!

fp6gXwA.jpg

veHAVpp.jpg

T33La7D.jpg

iWQq1Fo.jpg

YG5xLVe.jpg

7weeSSh.jpg

• Like 6

It's epoxy.

Strip the flesh off the base, and then push it into a wad of epoxy.

Didn't they come with some rubble on them?

All my KP stuff had something I could use normal glue on.

The ones I got from Gulf Coast were anchored to a plug with a metal rod into the plug and then the gorg itself.

Didn't they come with some rubble on them?

All my KP stuff had something I could use normal glue on.

The ones I got from Gulf Coast were anchored to a plug with a metal rod into the plug and then the gorg itself.

The KP ones were already mounted. The ones I started from frags are mounted in epoxy.

• Like 1

Looking good Andy! I feel your pain. I have lost more corsls to my torches and chalices than anything else. I'm not getting much growth of my sps because I'm not dosing which is fine because I don't have any room!

IMG_7239_zpsn9yghrry.jpg

I had to remove this extremely aggressive Goniopora that was putting out sweeper tentacles and stinging all of the neighboring corals. It was a real looker, so I put up with it until it recently killed my Jason Fox "burning banana" stylo. That was the last straw!

• Like 2

IMG_7239_zpsn9yghrry.jpg

I had to remove this extremely aggressive Goniopora that was putting out sweeper tentacles and stinging all of the neighboring corals. It was a real looker, so I put up with it until it recently killed my Jason Fox "burning banana" stylo. That was the last straw!

Wow I didn't think gonis were that aggressive. I have had ones that touch corals with no problems. It is a beauty!

• Like 1