Its ALIVE!! 250g tank

Smann

My wife says I look like a mad scientist when I working on the tanks, hoses,barrels, pumps etc.

Just got the tank filled and running, wow what a project this has been the 180 came down on June 27th

Quick list

72"x36"x25.5"h Envision 3/4" acrylic

55"x22"x16"h 1/2" acrylic chambered sump

Reeflo Super Dart Gold return pump

Genx 40 chiller/heater pump

1 1/4" pvc return manifold to 4 3/4"ines

2 3/4" seaswirls

1 3/4" scwd

Pacific Coast CW-0500 heater chiller

Super Reef Ocytopus 3000 ext Cone Skimmer

Thats all I have in now, the hard work is over now comes the fun stuff. Lights will be built this weekend and will start working on the electrial and controller

newtank-1.jpg

IMG_3296.jpg

IMG_3297.jpg

IMG_3298.jpg

IMG_3292.jpg

Just tossed the probes in to see whats what. Unfortunatly the cabinet guys lost one of the face frames for the front of the tank, They took everything back when they finished the kitchen and were to return and install it when I was ready. They came on thursday and realized they only had one of the two 36" door sets, so far they cant find it and a new one will take four weeks

Time for a beer

That is amazing!!! How are all the corals and fish doing?

Everything in the garage tank are doing real well, corals growing nicely, fish all happy

I see you finally got water in it. Nice job Steve. Now move everything over so I can come get my new tank!!!(laugh)

No problem Shane, I'll do it in the morning. Stop by around noon I'll have it ready for ya :D

Very nice Steve' date=' you've had a busy summer. where is the skimmer, I wanted to see a pic of it running? I did an online search for it and it looks like a great skimmer.[/quote']

Sitting on the floor under the window, havent hooked it up yet. Thanks again for keeping my cup coral shouldnt be to much longer!

Steve' date=' have any updates? How about that gargantuan skimmer in action?[/quote']

I wasnt sure I need the skimmer while its cycling but is is the last thing to hook up so I'm working on it now. All lights are working and I'm getting a little brown algae already. I had the macro/BRS rock in tubs and barrels, pumps, with live rock and 150gal of water for about a month. The water tested good, I did run a skimmer also, I ended up using about 50 gal that I came up short the third day of making water so I screw it, actually I think its helping it along. Still no cabinet so I'll wait on pics

Got the Skimmer up and running today, pretty much to break it in.

newskimmer.jpg

The pump housing is clear, looks white, this is where it pulls the air in from the air riser

skpump.jpg

The skimmer will drain into the second filter sock, the primary drain's sock will need to be changed weekly (or more), the second drain should last much longer and will have a Carbon bag in it for Ozone

newskimmer2.jpg

• Like 1