Howdy All

bimmerzs

Hi,

I'm from the North Texas area and just registered on the site. I have visted a few times but plan on getting a bit more involved here. I have been reefin since 2005 and currently have a 130G mixed reef setup that is going more in the higher percentage sps direction.(laugh) My tank is fully automated to help take care of some of the mundane chores and to also make it easier for the wife when I'm traveling for work. Just wanted to say a big HOWDY to everybody.(rock2)

Cheers,

• Like 1

I don't have any good FTS's of the tank but here a few random pic's. I'm from the north Dallas area, we have one of the largest mas's in the country with lot's of stores and lot's of reefer's.

DSCN5570.jpg

DSCN5391.jpg

DSCN4349.jpg

DSCN4321.jpgDSCN3472.jpg

DSCN3439.jpgTank043.jpg

DSCN5716.jpg

DSCN5616-2.jpg

DSCN5698.jpg

DSCN5404.jpg

DSCN5355.jpg

DSCN5216.jpg

DSCN5088.jpg

Cheers,

• Like 1

Welcome bimmerzs! (clap)You will have to let me know the good fish stores in that area.I went to one called the False Percula. I grew up in the DFW area and get down there several times a year to visit family and to go watch the Dallas Cowboys (rock2)my most favorite NFL team!

Way to hot in Texas for me though!

Welcome to the club' date=' its much colder and rains a lot more here... throw up some pics of the tank! I would like to know more about the automation[/quote']

I use the Neptunes Apex controller as the brain's, it's on a UPS unit along with the router so that it can send me a email to my phone if there are any issues. I have a lot of ideas that have been implemented such as auto refilling reservoir, it only hold's 4 gallons and only refill's once every 24hrs and also has a kent float valve and float switch. I auto top-off from there via gravity to a Level-Loc Auto Top Off Unit that also has a float valve to manually stop flow at predetermined sump level in case the float swith for the sump level fail's. I started using dosing pumps(drews) for alk/ca supplementation along with GFO and carbon and a denitrator(in case the wife overfeeds while I'm traveling for work). Auto water change setup using 2 matched peristaltic pumps I got from ebay that were previously for a laundrymat dispensing system(new hose and good to go). I have a 35G salt water reservoir that is constanly mixed, it takes about 8hrs to do a waterchange. I either let the system do 2G daily when I'm travelingg or disable it until I'm home to watch it(St. Murphy is the devil), I usually wait to get home to let it run that auto. Pretty sure I missed something but that about it.

Cheers,

Welcome bimmerzs! (clap)You will have to let me know the good fish stores in that area.I went to one called the False Percula. I grew up in the DFW area and get down there several times a year to visit family and to go watch the Dallas Cowboys (rock2)my most favorite NFL team!

Way to hot in Texas for me though!

False Percula...(laugh)(laugh) you mean True Percula down in Arlington off of Little Rd. It's a hike from Arlington up to here there is also Mid-Cities out in that area then there's Frank's Tank's and Fish2Morrow very close over in Ft. Worth and Rift3Reef in Flower Mound. Swing to Dallas/Plano area there Fish Gallery, Neptune's Cove, Granite Aquatic's, Exotic Aquatic's, Aquatic Design, Plano Pet's, Reef Odyssea, Dallas North Aquarium and Aquatic Trading and Reef Pet's just relocated to Austin from here. That's about all I can think of but there are a couple more sprinkled out there.(scratch) Goooo Cowboy's(rock2)

Cheers,

Very nice looking tank-lots a great healthy looking corals.

Welcome to the site-it'll be nice to have you around-HUGE differences between Oregon and Texas-I lived in Austin for a while-night and day compared to oregon-but hey things grow well here-(laugh)

Sweet looking set up(clap)

False Percula...(laugh)(laugh) you mean True Percula down in Arlington off of Little Rd. It's a hike from Arlington up to here there is also Mid-Cities out in that area then there's Frank's Tank's and Fish2Morrow very close over in Ft. Worth and Rift3Reef in Flower Mound. Swing to Dallas/Plano area there Fish Gallery, Neptune's Cove, Granite Aquatic's, Exotic Aquatic's, Aquatic Design, Plano Pet's, Reef Odyssea, Dallas North Aquarium and Aquatic Trading and Reef Pet's just relocated to Austin from here. That's about all I can think of but there are a couple more sprinkled out there.(scratch) Goooo Cowboy's(rock2)

Cheers,

LOL! Maybe it was false percula!:p Maybe it was a knock off store of the True Percula!;)

Wow that's a lot of fish stores! I don't remember that many coming up when I googled it!:eek:

Very nice tank and some nice zoas and nice chalice!:D

Very nice looking tank-lots a great healthy looking corals.

Welcome to the site-it'll be nice to have you around-HUGE differences between Oregon and Texas-I lived in Austin for a while-night and day compared to oregon-but hey things grow well here-(laugh)

Sweet looking set up(clap)

There are huge differences between Oregon and Texas but Austin actually reminds me a lot of Portland.

• 5 years later...

A Ha! Now I see your thread :) nice looking tank and livestock there. Sounds like we are close (hillsboro area) if ya need anything don't hesitate to ask. Lots of good peeps on here can point ya to the right place depending on what your after.