So I might be buying a new-ish, car next week

CA2OR

My grandpa has been running volvo's since before I was born. My uncle had one awhile ago and loved it. My aunt has one and is getting ready to get another to go with it. And of course Kerby has the exact one you are looking at(minus the R). We love the car, and it has been very reliable and very trouble free at the same time. As for maintenance, I don't personally agree that they are too high in cost. The timing belt is gonna cost ya if it isn't done yet, but the rest isn't too bad at all. Oil changes need to be done with a synthetic blend which puts the cost lower then the bimmer for the same year, but only a few places carry that oil. You'll have to do a little searching. Fuel consumption in them can have a lot to do with how your plugs look. Change them out every 10K and it should help to stay higher. I could ramble on and on about it but I'll leave you with this. If you get a car that is less safe and you do get into an accident with Dex or the new one in the car, how do you think they will fair? They will have a much better chance of being safe in the Volvo then any other car out there. If you don't have an exact car picked out yet, give me a call. I have a guy that buys direct from places like Volvo of America and Audi of America. He will probably beat any price you can find anywhere, and the car will be in better shape too, almost guaranteed. We got Kerby's from him and her mom just got one last night from him. I will get my next from him also, so it is someone we trust.

Sorry to say it but changing spark plugs every 10k does not seem a cost effective way to ensure you get good gas mileage. I know Volvo's are the safest cars out there but just note that cars are now made to crumple to protect the passengers of the car and that's probably why the Subi you saw didn't look good.

Goodluck finding a M3 killer, that's a great car. Did you have an E36 or E46? They started making a 4 door M3 again so you could always go with the M3 again. I think they made the M3 as a 4 door in the E36 model but not the E46.

i work at a volvo dealership. get a good warranty extended. dont skip out on that!!!!! sweet car i always said if i could afford it my familly car would be volvo v50 turbo awd t5 manual. waa haa haa

Do you know if R's fail alot? I was reading on Sweedspeed and I did see quite a few people with issues...but they are constantly racing them like I did my "M". I wont be doing that, but I do want to be able to engage in a race or 2 here and there.....and win of course. The "M" NEVER failed me there.

I know Volvo's are the safest cars out there but just note that cars are now made to crumple to protect the passengers of the car and that's probably why the Subi you saw didn't look good.

Dude they had to cut the driver and rear passenger out. I am not disputing the new technology on cars, nor Subi's being safe....but that image is burned into my mind along with the thought that Dexter could have been sitting there.

Goodluck finding a M3 killer' date=' that's a great car. Did you have an E36 or E46?[/quote']

Youtube S60R vs M3 regarding the "M3 Killer" comment. I do love the M3's don't get me wrong, and I would most definitely get one, but I can't afford $500 a month again for the car payment going along with the $500 a month for insurance that I was paying. I don't make anywhere close to the money I used to make. I had an E36 chipped, intake, exhaust, suspension upgrade, brake upgrade, and VANOS. Speaking of which, the VANOS system was by far the very best upgrade I made. My next step was going for HPF or supercharger. Problem with getting another M3 is that having that car will make me wanna drive like I have that car.....do you understand? It is irresistible in those things....if you are a true driver and not an operator. I like to consider myself as a driver.

They started making a 4 door M3 again so you could always go with the M3 again. I think they made the M3 as a 4 door in the E36 model but not the E46.

Yeah I know, but the 4 door is heavier than the 2 door....I know some feel that doesn't make that much of a difference, but on the track it makes a world of a difference.

Sorry to say it but changing spark plugs every 10k does not seem a cost effective way to ensure you get good gas mileage.

yea that is true, but I've seen the other end where someone decides to wait 30K and can't figure out why the mileage has gone down so bad. There are tons of things that go into it but it seems if you don't see it you tend to forget about it.On my audi, if I let it go past 15K I start to see it plummet like clockwork. You are definitely right that it won't save you money.

Eric I know the new 4 door M3 is heavier than a 2 door but it has 400 hp or so doesn't it? I know what you mean about not wanting to pay for the M3, that's why I have a IS300 instead of a 3 series. I also know what you mean about wanting to drive the m3 cause that's they way they were meant to be driven, I was joking when I said get the 4 door M3. So you do plan on running the Volvo at the track? Just curious cause all the Volvo's you are looking at are 4 door cars, right?

Not sure how a M3 that is rated at 333 hp and weighs in at ~3,400 lbs can be beat by a S60R with 300 hp and weighs in at ~3,500 lbs but it might have something to do with the driver and the Volvo having AWD. I'm not saying the Volvo isn't a great car but those videos don't show me anything.

I agree with the driver making all the difference. Also what the vid's don't show is whether or not the M is being driven by someone who knows how to shift. I took out a 426hp car with my 240hp E36....it was absolutely priceless to see the look on that dude's face when we stopped at the next light....

The new M's have 420hp and I want it more than you know....but that is powerball talk at this point in my life. As for taking the Volvo to the track....well it wont be anytime soon. The answer is yes, it will be come my track rat at some point when I get something else. That is the initial plan for all cars I buy, except this Mazda. We shall see how it plays out as I have had some different idea's as of late on what I want my next track rat to be.

Calvin, let's be honest here.....I am a true BMW enthusiast here, my birthmark might as well been the roundel and I am a bit shocked that Dexter's isn't. To me BMW is the only way to go. Makes it worse that I believe that if you own a BMW, you can only say "BW" if you don't have an M3 or M5....because trust me, if it isn't an M there ain't no M in it. Gotta have an M to be able to say you drive a BMW.

Calvin, let's be honest here.....I am a true BMW enthusiast here, my birthmark might as well been the roundel and I am a bit shocked that Dexter's isn't. To me BMW is the only way to go. Makes it worse that I believe that if you own a BMW, you can only say "BW" if you don't have an M3 or M5....because trust me, if it isn't an M there ain't no M in it. Gotta have an M to be able to say you drive a BMW.

I don't really agree that the BMW you own has to be a M version to be considered true enthusiast. I also don't believe that a car has to have a ton of power to be fun to drive but it definitely helps! I'm just saying it's possible to get a BMW that handles as well as an M version but not have the M's engine. I don't believe you need ridiculous amounts of power to be fast. Unless all you are interested in is drag racing.

Personally with things like tanks and children to move around a v70 would be my choice... but hey, i am a wagon sort of guy.

As a person with a lot of interaction with volvos over the years (that's all anyone in my family drives) I would make sure that you get some sort of warranty with any that you buy. Repairs though infrequent, are extremely costly and for people who are without warranty or a big savings account, these shop visits can pretty rapidly relegate the cars to the driveway.

Station wagons are like gray hair... men think they are awful, but women secretly find them sexy!

I don't really agree that the BMW you own has to be a M version to be considered true enthusiast. I also don't believe that a car has to have a ton of power to be fun to drive but it definitely helps! I'm just saying it's possible to get a BMW that handles as well as an M version but not have the M's engine. I don't believe you need ridiculous amounts of power to be fast. Unless all you are interested in is drag racing.

OK, I can't agree with you here. I will say it doesn't have to be a new M, I often dream about a 91 E30 M because that thing is a blast to drive. Not very fast, by todays standards, but that thing handles like no other. I had so much fine driving that thing around. Also, shhh....I like to drag from time to time. But I will agree on not needing an abundance of power to have fun, and yes....it does help though. Tell me you wouldn't like to take a Mcklaren F1 out for a spin.....come on.....say it.(whistle)

Personally with things like tanks and children to move around a v70 would be my choice... but hey' date=' i am a wagon sort of guy.[/quote']

I must admit I was eyeing the V70 R that they have there....they say it is the same as the S60 R is that true? Because I totally agree with the "tanks and children" comment.

Chewie....couldn't agree more man....couldn't agree more.(laugh)