reefgeek84

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nevermind I saw the earlier posts.

$150 is cheap for a skimmer, the design looks solid and should work fine. But I completly disagree with the up to 300g tank. I would say up to 100g, but I really believe in strong skimming.

Rich

Well I was planning on putting it on my 50 right now and then in the future putting it on a 120...so hopefully it will work out for the 120.

Brandon,

Yeah I would not put that on a 120G tank, I just don't think that is enough skimmer for that size. But if it was just a softy tank or FOWLR you could do it. Definatly not SPS.

Save your money and buy a GOOD skimmer either used or from a LFS that way if you have an issue they are there to help you. The Euro reefs are good, the PM are good. Sorry but quite trying to save a buck and sink some money into a good one, it will last you longer and work a LOT better.

I also have to ask, why are you upgrading your tank? You just setup the one you have and I would be really suprised if you had outgrown it already...

Rich

Brandon,

Yeah I would not put that on a 120G tank, I just don't think that is enough skimmer for that size. But if it was just a softy tank or FOWLR you could do it. Definatly not SPS.

Save your money and buy a GOOD skimmer either used or from a LFS that way if you have an issue they are there to help you. The Euro reefs are good, the PM are good. Sorry but quite trying to save a buck and sink some money into a good one, it will last you longer and work a LOT better.

I also have to ask, why are you upgrading your tank? You just setup the one you have and I would be really suprised if you had outgrown it already...

Rich

Euro reefs are way to much money for what they are....

I am upgrading because I want more room for corals and fish...I thought a 50 was going to be big enough...but I was wrong, lol.

So can I get the recirc mod on an asm and achieve having the tank water drain into the skimmer?

I would disagree that the Euro reefs are over priced and know quite a few people that use them and love them.

The ASM are good skimmers, you could do the mod and then the drain and it should work. But remember this MOST skimmers overrate their performance, so if it is rated for 200g I would say it would be closer to 100g. But that is different for every brand...

Rich