NEW FORUM LOOK!

R-3

I Think you did a great job!!!! Will you be doing something with the banner?

Thanks Brandy -- still more to come.

By banner, do you mean the header at the top? If so, I am a looking into a couple things, but in a little bit of a jam. The problem being that it is designed to expand depending on the users screen, so I am limited the smallest that it could be. Like I said, still investigating ideas, but it will never be what I originally wanted.

• Like 1

I like it!! Nice to have a change.

Just wondering about signatures. Can we easily post image mapping in the signatures to our thread like they do on nanoreef.com.

I know some people do not like the somewhat crude nature of folks over there but there graphics abilities are advanced over many reef forums.

Whaddya think?

Just wondering about signatures. Can we easily post image mapping in the signatures to our thread like they do on nanoreef.com.

Thanks for your feedback.

After I get everything completed with this phase, I will look into this and see what is involved. Can't promise anything, but I will look into it.

First, I need to integrate the front page data into the new look.

Will you be adding more to the other half of the banner?

Brandy -- I want to do something larger, but I am still going to be limited. My first focus is to get the site completely integrated and have one look throughout. That part is simply cosmetic and can be addressed later, kind of. There is a complicated reason, which is this site was built to be as wide as everyone's screen. Every computer is different, so that width varies and does limit what you can do with the right side when using the "full width" look. The compromise is to have a "fixed width" website where the width is always a certain size leaving borders on each side. This constrains the forum, but gives you the flexibility of doing anything and everything you want within the width of the site. If this doesn't make sense, let me know and I can show with pictures a little clearer.

Hi Rob,

You probably already know this but just in case... for some reason, the home page does not display properly on either Safari or Firefox on my mac although it works perfectly using Explorer on my PC. The left hand nav shows up on the middle of the page and the welcome message and graphics are pushed below it. (scratch) This happens no matter what the window size. Not sure if it is specific to my machine or not (some odd display setting?) but thought I would give you a heads up. All the other pages seem to display just fine and this was happening prior to the forum maintenance.

Thanks for all the great work you are doing with this!

Sean