Craziest thing I have ever seen! (big pictures)

B Foxy

Can someone help identify this?

I suppose the pictures are too big to upload to the site..but if you are really interested in seeing something that may possibly be unidentified in the hobby shoot me an Email!

its kinda worth it IMO

The good fella's at RC identified it as an Echiuran worm...pretty darned cool to me

I just sent you a email with my address....i can post the pics for you too. You should either follow the link in my sig and sign up for a free accouont at photobucket to help you resize your images OR if you use Outlook express, i know you can simply mail them to yourself clicking the "make my pictures smaller" box and that will shrink them as well. There are a lot of other ways but those are two pretty easy ones.....

Oh..and one more thing......most likely you dont want him. If you see him go into a rock and can remove the rock do so........give it a freshwater swish until he comes out. When they get big like that they will eat snails and or corals. When i finally found that guy i finally found the answer to why my clean up crew kept ending up nothing more than empty shells

SWEET greens there in the background

I'll do my best tonight..I'll have to do some tricky stuff with photoshop and maybe try to clean it up... its a very detailed image..maybe the actual photo could be zoomed in quite a bit. The flatworm thing sounds about right to me..but I have never heard of one that can extend a tentacle to that extreme of a length... and apparantley it must be immortal because i was sure I killed it a short time ago..but its back..and I am positive its not very happy with me....

so this may be my last post... LOL

No he seems to move around quite a bit after the lights go out... I am thinking it is some species of flatworm..but none of the books we have here even list a flatworm like that....

I wish those zoo's were mine..but alas...they are for sale...

No he seems to move around quite a bit after the lights go out... I am thinking it is some species of flatworm..but none of the books we have here even list a flatworm like that....

I wish those zoo's were mine..but alas...they are for sale here at the shop

• 3 months later...

Ok, I found one of these flatworms in my tanks the other night. Looks a lot like the picture Brian put up...grayish, with dark spots about 3/4" in diameter. I read on wet web media site that it was probably harmless. All I've got are softies and I haven't seen it kill any of my cleanup crew.

Should I be trying to get rid of it?

Not quite sure what it is, it looks like a nudibranch to me but could be a flatworm,

if you post a thread with pictures in the reef discussion forum, someone will know, particularly greenbean36191. She knows about everything there is to know it seems on these type of creatures, maybe if you do post a thread send her a pm asking her to check it out? I know she knows a ton about that stuff though...

I found one of those when I took my personal tank down a few months ago. I toar the one I found a bit when taking the rocks out etc so it was pretty damaged although it didnt seem to care one bit.

The photos are terrible (didnt have good camera at home). I also have some quicktime movies watching it cruise around.

post-10-141867734742_thumb.jpg

post-10-141867734747_thumb.jpg