Craziest thing I have ever seen! (big pictures)

B Foxy

Out of curiousity...WHAT exactly are you guys trying to ID here????

LOL

The pictures i posted (that STILL exist in this thread)are of a 4" snail eating flatworm from MY tank......this is an old thread.................i have since deleted those pictures of Brians from my photobucket account from when i posted that pic for him..........where you see red x's....are where the pictures of B foxy's creature USED to be

I assure you the pictures that still do exist in this thread are of a 4" predatorial polyclad flatworm, not a nudibranch. Psuedoceros sp. to be a little more precise. ; )

Whoops, guess I was commenting on flyguy's pic! Like you said it often gets mistaken for nubiranches!!

LOL

One thing I noticed from fly guy's pic -not deleted- there are no definite eye organs.

I think the nudibranch, a gastropod, has more definite eye organs and flatworms (planaria) have eye spots.

Whoops, guess I was commenting on flyguy's pic! Like you said it often gets mistaken for nubiranches!!

LOL

One thing I noticed from fly guy's pic -not deleted- there are no definite eye organs.

I think the nudibranch, a gastropod, has more definite eye organs and flatworms (planaria) have eye spots.

: )

When i first found it i had NO idea what it was......i had the flashlight out at night and i saw this thing that looked like smoke moving across my sand. When in the tank, it looked and moved like the nearly invisible creature from "Basic Instinct". NO, not the scene with sharon stone........lol

I might be a little weird, but i swear it was one of the coolest moving creatures i have ever seen.........the pic where it is all curled up......it would do that every time i would swirl the water in the bowl........but it isnt holding that shape...it is floating and wavering back to flat.

The thing was killing several snails a week for the 6 months up until i found it....it thought my snails were just dying

I would like to set up a species only tank and put a bunch of weird worms and stuff like this in it......its stuff like this that makes the hobby.

Want to see some other gorgeous flatworms??

http://www.rzuser.uni-heidelberg.de/~bu6/index.html

heres a couple more pics......all 4 pics i have posted in this thread are of the same animal

Slid3.jpg

Slid4.jpg