60g cube

impur

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks good. its possible they are only driving the LED's at 2 watts. that would be 110 plus 8 watts for the fans would put it closer to 120.

Could be, though i hope not since i passed on the 2w version to get this one. But even if so, it puts out great light and perfect color.

Looks amazing do far. I can't wait to see where it's headed. What kind of wood are you using for the skin? and I if you're going for a very dark/black look' date=' check out Minwax Tudor, onyx, or ebony stains.[/quote']

Thanks!! I actually just cut the wood for the sides yesterday, i'm using 1/2" plywood which i'll seal then paint. My original plan was to get some stainless or aluminum sheeting with some cool reef scenes cut out and attach those to the wood sides. Then i was going to paint some designs, then it was going to be just black. So its ever evolving lol thanks for the suggestions i'll definitely look into those before i come up with a final decision. Always good to get outside suggestions!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Snapped some pics over the weekend. Tank is doing ok, had some cyano so I dosed chemiclean. This caused all my acros to die, as well as my snails and a few chalices. Some of them have since recovered so I'm thankful of that. I also added a potters angel from Divers Den.

100_3911.jpg

100_3909.jpg

100_3908.jpg

100_3910.jpg

Looking good Miles. Sorry to hear about the losses.

Thanks. Yah I think things are finally back in check :)

WOW' date=' this setup is sweet!!! How is the potters doing with the corals?[/quote']

Thanks. He does.....pretty good. He nips at my lephastrea, joker favia, and the oregon mummy eye colony. But so far they seem to handle it ok. Its been 3 or 4 months now and she doesn't nip near as much (I think its a female)

Miles your tank is looking good and that's one beautiful fish! What's the name of the neon green chalice? Also' date=' there is an orangeish monti (?) behind the picks of your potter in the back ground, do you know it's name? I have one that looks very similar but don't have a name.[/quote']

Thats my Oregon mummy eye. When i dosed chemiclean, it turned into just brown goo. It came back really well, i was sure it was toast. You can see a few mouths are still regrowing but overall its doing great now.

That monti is actually a superman monti. Its growing up the overflow from the sand up. I can't really reach to get it, and haven't really bothered (laugh) There is a sunset monti right next to it as well.

So how much was your potters angel from Diver's Den? Was it a good customer experience? I have thought about ordering from there' date=' it seems to be a good place to go[/quote']

It was 89.99 + 35 shipping. I had paid $80 twice for a potters angel in the past, and neither made it thru QT/treatment. After trying Diver's Den, I think every single fish I buy in the future will come from them. Great communication before it shipped, after it shipped, lots of info on how they want you to acclimate the fish and they even guarantee it for a week or so after you receive it. The fish took right to eating and after being shy for a few days she has been all over the tank ever since. I went with Diver's Den because I treated my clowns and coris wrasse several years ago, and no untreated fish have been in contact with them since. So it was VERY important to me to have a fish which was previously treated before going into my tank.

So how much was your potters angel from Diver's Den? Was it a good customer experience? I have thought about ordering from there' date=' it seems to be a good place to go[/quote']

It was 89.99 + 35 shipping. I had paid $80 twice for a potters angel in the past, and neither made it thru QT/treatment. After trying Diver's Den, I think every single fish I buy in the future will come from them. Great communication before it shipped, after it shipped, lots of info on how they want you to acclimate the fish and they even guarantee it for a week or so after you receive it. The fish took right to eating and after being shy for a few days she has been all over the tank ever since. I went with Diver's Den because I treated my clowns and coris wrasse several years ago, and no untreated fish have been in contact with them since. So it was VERY important to me to have a fish which was previously treated before going into my tank.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes I did use foam, i used the stuff from Harbor Freight they sell in a 4 pack for putting down in your garage work area. Cheap and does a great job no issues at all. I have it under my stand, as well as under the sump just to help with any vibration.

Yes I did use foam' date=' i used the stuff from Harbor Freight they sell in a 4 pack for putting down in your garage work area. Cheap and does a great job no issues at all. I have it under my stand, as well as under the sump just to help with any vibration.[/quote']

How thick is it Miles??? Got a link??