60g cube

impur

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I got the Bubble Magus triple doser and installed it last weekend. Its pretty slick, i have it dosing 1ml alk solution per day and 4ml calcium per day. I forgot to get a picture of it in action, but I snapped a bunch of pics of corals yesterday. My tank is doing really well right now, i'm getting great growth on all my corals.

O tort

DSCN4022.jpg

Gold pavona

DSCN4004.jpg

Favias

DSCN4026.jpg

DSCN4027.jpg

Micromussa

DSCN4017.jpg

DSCN4019.jpg

Acans

DSCN4021.jpg

DSCN4011.jpg

DSCN4012.jpg

DSCN4014.jpg

DSCN4020.jpg

DSCN4016.jpg

DSCN4015.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Snapped some more pics this weekend. I got some pics of how i setup my Bubble Magus triple doser. Its been running just over a week now, and my alk/calcium levels have never been more steady.

So here it is, i basically just screwed a piece of wood sealed with Kilz to the bottom 2x4s under my tank. The doser sits perfectly under there.

100_3687KDC.jpg

I use 2 empty 1gal vinegar containers for my alk and calcium supplement, i picked up a couple undrilled carboy stoppers from the homebrew store and drilled a small hole thru them, then pushed some hard airline tubing thru.

100_3689KDC.jpg

I drilled a couple holes in my filter sock holder to hold the tubing outlets

100_3688KDC.jpg

Here is the entire sump area

100_3690KDC.jpg

FTS

100_3691KDC.jpg

100_3677KDC.jpg

100_3678KDC.jpg

100_3679KDC.jpg

Looks great miles, I like where u put the outlet tubes. How long so u think the 1 gal will last? A Month?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! Yah it worked out well with my DIY filter sock holder. I'm only dosing 2ml of the alk and 4ml of calcium per day (in addition to kalk in my topoff), so 1 gal of alk should last me 1892 days and the calcium should last 946 days at those rates rofl but i'm sure uptake will increase. But i think 1 gal of each supplement will last well past a year each

Thanks Brad, yah my acans have all turned the corner and are doing great. I was worried for awhile there...

The doser is awesome, i love the set it and forget it part. When i had a CA RX i had to keep fiddling with it.

Last things i need to do are clean up the wiring in the bottom of the stand a bit, and build the sides. I have the wood, magnets, sealer, and paint i plan to use i just need to get to it.

Also tonight i'm going to be finishing up my tile job in the fish tank area. Then i can finally add my inline frag tank (rock2)

• 1 month later...

Added a baby boy to the family, and a frag tank inline with my display :D

The stand was simple, 2x4s and some 1/2" plywood sealed with Kilz. I used my Kreg tool for the first time and make pocket holes to hold it together.

d2879719.jpg

92cc88c2.jpg

35a72618.jpg

I bought 2 of these 18x18x16 tanks for a great deal from Micah. They have been painted on one side blue and a tan color on the bottom. There is also a hole drilled about 4" from the bottom of the tank in the back wall, and to top it off it has been sealed. I wanted 4 clear sides and a bulkhead to drain into my sump. So i got to work.

e4857669.jpg

d6e94041.jpg

7a00d1d4.jpg

3f4977bf.jpg

I wanted to repaint the trim as well, i went with black

095c81c0.jpg

3a1eebc2.jpg

For lighting i wanted to venture into LEDs so i went with a cheapo chinese ebay fixture as my tester. I am extremely impressed by this fixture. Its 120w using 55 3w LEDs, 30 blue 25 white. Not sure how thats 120w but whatever. 3 fans are slightly loud but i could replace them if need be

d2778434.jpg

a26b1584.jpg

b39cd890.jpg

e7726f24.jpg

b6a39dac.jpg

490f6693.jpg

The shimmer is better than my MH pendant, and the color is almost perfect IMO. With just the blues on the colors of the corals pop like i have never seen before. Of course its almost impossible to pick up on the camera but i gave it a shot anyway

100_3747KDC.jpg

100_3748KDC.jpg

100_3750KDC.jpg

100_3751KDC.jpg

100_3752KDC.jpg

100_3753KDC.jpg