Good guys or bad guys?

andy

My favorite is kalk paste. Just mix kalk with a little water and make it the consistancy of a lotion... not watery, but can hold its form. I use a plastic syringe ( no needle ) and blast them with it. Never had one come back. (threaten)

And I have a brittle star in my tank. Never had a problem.

Jay

So that is an Aiptasia then? I wasn't sure since the ones I've seen are more spindly...

Definately looks like one to me... but you could wait until they spread if you like. (laugh)

I'm not sure the difference in aptaisia/majano but maybe someone else will chime in.

Jay

Peppermint Shrimp it is. How many would you add to a 60gal tank? 2 or 3, maybe?

The brittle star is pretty small, legs are about 3/4" long each. I haven't got a look at the disk yet, but I'm guessing maybe 1/8" in diameter. Everything I've read on him so far (them, actually -- I'v noticed a couple of others) labels them Good Guys. Cool.

I got peppermint shrimp when I had aptaisia,

They did a great job, but also wiped out my stomatella snails completely!

I love the stomatellas. They do a great job cleaning the rock and lay eggs and multiply.

It was hard seeing them picked off one by one and go from having at least 100 to none at all.

I ended up giving the peps away when all the aptaisia was gone.

Now I have two apps in my 40G, and am probably going to try vinegar (what's the method used? Use straight vinegar in a syringe?).

I tried taking the rock out and shooting boiling water on the place where the aptaisias were, but they came back after several weeks of no sign of them.

-Susanne

Im with Keith, except I use underwater 2 part epoxy. give them a tickle till they pull into there hole then put a pea sized bead of glue and squish it into the hole.

Joes Juice will kill, but they come back.

Ive had luck with a torch,,, if you can take the rock out, burn the crap out of the area then return to tank. This way you can nuke it without damaging other stuff on the rock.

I got some rock from a customer that is loaded with majano, (as shown in photo) I recently nuked a bunch with the torch, so far no one is returned.