Coral Farmers Market attendance

Michael7979

So who is going to go?

Looking to get an idea since it hasn't been a big topic of conversation lately. I'm waiting to hear back but I plan on going again this year even though my tank WILL NOT be ready. I do have a 'holding" tank up and running so if I can't control myself and I have to buy something I can keep it.

SO WHO"S GOING?

LET"S HAVE A SHOW OF HANDS!

I may be there, but without any money. I volunteered to bring the TFT tank for the PNWMAS booth. All my cash went to the deck project. It started out as $1000, then jumped to $2000. And it is not done yet (almost there!) :( No money for pretty corals. :(

dsoz

I have never attended one of these. What are they like? Good deals? Thanks!

There will be some corals there for sell that you would probably or maybe have to get on a 'wait list' if you wanted to buy them. And you will get a feel for what others pay for,(price) and recieve, (frag size) from some website vendors. Last year I realized how lucky we are to have more then one great shop in the 'Portland area'. I had a great time at the event last year thou.

I know last year that Steve Tyree brought 5-6 sunset monti. pieces to sell that 'were' harder to find last year.

I do decks professionally if you need tips just pm, or ask.

As for CFM this is mostly for stuff you normally can't get or the LFS wants tons of cash for, but you will have something very nice if you shop.

• 2 weeks later...

It is not that big of a place. It is only one room, and maybe 6 or 7 booths. Last year there were only 4 vendors, and a couple of other booths (PNWMAS, etc.).

Just introduce yourself to people hanging around the PNWMAS booth.

Maybe nametags would be a good idea. ??? Both real name and screen name so people know who they are talking to (or about). :)

dsoz

Got to bring alot money. Do they take credit card?

Yeah bring lots of cash!!!

last year one or two vendors were calling back to their 'stores' and running credit cards that way. Not sure if it will happen again but it did last year. Bring lots of cash!!