Nyles 75 gallon cube

Nyles

Here is some pics of the air injection system. It happened to kick on while I was taking photos.

IMG_3835.jpg

Lawnmower Blennie

IMG_3811.jpg

New Melanarus Wrasse - Halechores Melanarus (this guy rocks) Thanks for the correct ID Chewie

IMG_3830.jpg

Also added three firefish, one Pearly Jawfish and a Rainfordis goby. I can see where there hidding but usually takes some time for them to come out. But there all eating!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I added a cooling fan this weekend into the garage that is temp controlled so it wont get to hot this summer, The only thing left to do is insulate the sump and refugium and build a overhead canopy for the light on the main display. The only other thing is I posted an ad on WTT to see if someone has a 400w MH setup for sale, I still have not decided on the 400 but Im thinking it can't hurt as long as the heat is not to bad.

When they don't have sand beds they just find a hole and lodge themselves in, I have noticed some of my wrasses even with a sand bed actually prefer the above mentioned. Hes doing excellent, becoming my all time favorite fish very fast as he is always out and happy to greet, as is the Lyretail Anthias, nice catch on the id, I'm very impressed with his hunting ability, I wont be seeing any bristle worms thats for sure, this guy finds everything.

Hes is doing good, as with my jawfish in my old sandbed tank they will host in a barnacle, my old jawfish preferred the barnacle over the sand, now this one is new, but we are slowly getting him over into the part of the tank I want him in.

UPDATE:

Well I had a feeling, after the DSB tank busted, and sand went everywhere, I got a nice nitrate spike. Came home today to a lot of missing fish, did a big water change yesterday, getting ready for another one tomorrow, I lost the anthias, 2 fire fish and lawn mower blenny, SPS still look very mad. I think I got it under control but its a real shame. I like DSB's but they need to be respected, I made a foolish decision when I added new sump after the dsb tank blew up and now the fish ultimately had to pay the price.

well, I should have know better, but I assumed I would be an exception. I was dead wrong, anyhow, off to do more water changes. I ordered a 400 MH e-ballast today and 400 mh pendant se, hoping it will get here late next week, going to run some coralVue 20k bulbs

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Update, the wrasses and jawfish have done superb with bare bottom setup. The wrasses tend to keep all my cool small living things hidding, kinda ruins all the extra stuff to see, but other wise tank is doing well. One of my clams has not been looking so well the last few months, but everything is in check.

I still want to add more fish but I am in no rush at this point. I am totally out of room in this system, if someone wants a clam or sea apple, sea cucumber or something else please look me up.

Pics will follow in a week or two, maybe Monday since work is slow I am not working full time. Well see, no promises.

hey nyles. good to hear that everything is doing good. got any pics of the wrasse? hope it is what you wanted and you are still happy. how were the fresh oysters? i ended up killing the purple bonzai coral in a pH spike i had a few weeks ago. any chance i could buy another frag of that? it turned such a gorgeous purple i would really like to get another small chunk. the pH meter is a lifesaver, thanks again.

Give me a little while on the purple, it is a slow grower in the new tank for some reason and you got the only decent frag I had. I stopped adding kalk for a few months and seems to help but we will see. I will try and snap a pic when I take pictures of the tank. Glad the PH meter is helping out. Thanks for the oysters, up for going crabbing with us some time just give me a ring I have been going every other weekend, probably going this weekend too and pretty sure Impur will be on the docks as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...