Nyles 75 gallon cube

Nyles

Well its not cleaned up yet, and doing some other projects, like tearing down the 155, but I did get time to show what I did yesterday and the routing of the plumbing and such. here is a diagram for everyone to pick apart DOH!.

I will probably get pictures tomorrow as today will be another very busy day taking down the 155. I have finished doing aqua scaping and setting corals, inside the tank is near complete other than a few zoas that did not open I am waiting to open so I can put the right colors where I want them.

Here is a brief description, see pic below.

The tank is bare bottom.

This system runs on a AC Jr III to control Calcium reactor, temperatures, times and emergency events.

The tank is in the living room on a basic stand, all else is plumbed into garage for easy maintenance.

Tank drains via overflow to 1" bulkhead Durso drain (1 1/4" PVC) to the skimmer side of the sump, drain is T'ed to refugium. The refugium has a DSB about 6"-7" deep with liverock and cheato. Refugium is drained to sump.

The sump has a shelf for growing Frags and has a maxmod pump for flow. Within the overflow section are the heaters, phosban reactor with carbon and phos, and the return pump (mag 7).

Water from the Return is sent through the 1/10 hp chiller controlled by AC Jr back to tank. (5/8" flexible tubing and spa flex)

Top off system is controlled by a ATO with floats, kalk is dumped in and stirred as needed by the AC Jr.

Calcium reactor effluent is picked up from sump area and returned near exit of refugium at AC Jr probe for control.

post-105-141867772518_thumb.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

System is already up and running, I set it up this weekend, seems to be fine, the pump (mag 7) never really pushed an amazing amount of water it seems to be pretty fast, to help I plumbed with mostly flex tubing.

Edit: The system is literally on the other side of the way.

Other side of the wall is nice. I'm thinking of doing something similar, but I have a 10' horizontal run to make :(

Are you running the control line for the ACjr through the wall as well?

Funny you ask, Im debating it but I think I will keep it in the fish room.I will see how I do with it in fish room first, only thing I have in house is a temp gauge just to give me a tiny bit of reassurance. I am going to have to run light ballast wire through wall tonight as I want the controller to be able to turn it off if there is an overheat.

next task is figuring out where all the free floating debris is coming from, I just fed in pics but there is still some, not sure if its micro bubbles or what, just to busy to get there, will soon

Thanks, finding a cube was really a nightmare, but luckily one on the board surfaced and my budget thankfully was BARELY able to support the purchase. I am amazed at how little evap there is on this tank, going to be a lot less work now! WOOHOOO

Plumbed MH lights to ACIII and plumbed in air injection system to main tank and set on 2 minutes per 3 hours to get SPS sliming. Spent most the day looking for FISH, especially Christmas wrasse, scotts fairy and thinking maybe another carpenters and possibly a rainfordys goby, any suggestions?

man, working on tank, adding live rock to refugium, slipped out of hand an BOOM! the 10 gallon refugium exploded... LOL well fast work I sent wife to store and picked up a 15 gallon trash can, drilled bilkhead and plumbed... talk about trailer trash refugium, og well, added more sand to DSB now about 12" deep going to take a bit to seed well, but it should denitrify well after a few months. anyhow, fun fun, I will try and shoot a nice vid this weekend of whole setup, cross my fingers, still have a lot of work to do. Plus need fish!!!!

Everything got 20 to 60 minute dips and I did not see anything on any of them, hoping for the best.

I faxed in my fish list my LFS and should get some new fish and lots of inverts this weekend, can't wait!

new addition, still coming out of the crack hes hiding in

IMG_3755b.jpg

Finalized coral placements and added some emerald crabs today. Still lots to do cleaning up fish room, but tank is looking good. Plumbed in Top Off today as well.