Nyles 75 gallon cube

Nyles

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ya, I'm not worried much as the wrasses and clowns can hold there own. I would go as far as to say if the damsel attacked one of the wrasse they would probably all fight back as I have seen this occur before.

I will shot for pics this weekend, we'll see. I always forget.

• 5 months later...

Update on my setup, had some trouble with cal reactor (let some air in and it was not producing alk) so my corals really started looking bad, lost a couple did some water changes and found the problem, then tank declined from there. Finally this weekend I found the real issue. Rusty metal above the tank had condensation dripping into the tank... go figure. Doing another precautionary WC today and fixed the rust issue... YIKES.

I seriously was thinking about selling everything, I lost some good pieces this time and some great pieces RTN'ed Life goes on.

Guess I will have to forgo my plans for a predator tank for now. LOL.

man that sucks. i am glad you figured it out and decided to stick with it. i know that when i had a bunch of corals RTN and die, it almost made me cry...literally. so i know where you are coming from and how you feel. having the ca reactor and rust dripping at the same time makes it hard to pinpoint the problem, i hope that is all that was wrong. are things starting to look better again?

Ya there are a few pieces looking better, I'm just going to wait and see what happens. The snails look like there less stressed so I think the rust thing was doing most the damage. The cal was around 375 and alk around 5.5 DKH? I think so not to bad, if that cal reactor stops for any period of time I get a good size dip. The tort is near dead... Grrrr but I think it will make it. Another WC to help today change carbon to be safe and run some prodibio for nitrate just as a precaution.

• 4 months later...