Tax season :(

JeffP

How's everyone doing with their taxes this year? I filed my own for the first time ever, and it was enjoyable only for the fact I'm getting a VERY nice refund :)

Reasons for not doing my own previously - 1. Grew up in Canada, so when i moved here everything was crazy (had to pay 1st year taxes in both countries which sucked.

2. was married and the ex-wife is a writer, so the house write off was a beyotch to do, so we used an accountant. And since we're separated/going through a divorce I finally got to do my own taxes which not only saved me a couple hundred buck is accounting fees, but this time I get to see the ENTIRE refund! (laugh)

Nice!!! Tax time is always a good time to get some new equipment/livestock for the tank. I'm looking forward to mine, not sure what it is yet though...

Don't forget the refund we should be getting in May from the fed. 500-600 bucks! That'll buy my tix to hawaii this year :D

yeah I'm thinking mine might go towards a CA reactor. I bought one from someone on the site and he said it had some extremely minor leakage which should've been no problem. However - the leak was quite substantial, and I've sealed EVERY possible joint with silicon and it still leaks even when not under any pressure. Needless to say - I'm quite a bit ticked about that - but with the refund I might pick up a new one. :(

I am expecting a nice refund... a couple of k at least. Both fed and state have been filed and accepted on-line. :)

However, no tank stuff for me. 1k was spend on a new tablet PC for the wife (and me too when she gets bored with it). Then the rest is going to be blown on a vacation for spring break or next Christmas break.

dsoz

This was my first year ever of getting a refund. I got a skimmer, it's on the way once there in stock again.

Maybe with the spring one I'll buy a different kind of skimmer for the other tank so I can run them next to each other and compare. :D

I expected to owe, like every other year so I was quite pleased.

Hell have not even thought of them yet(laugh) Owning your own business sucks as you have to wait to have all of it taken care of before you even think of doing the personal part of it. I have an accountant do all of mine there are to many things to think about and also write offs. As of money comeing back who knows last year got a real nice refund enough to do a real nice stystem but this year ? I do have a few things going for me but who knows. As for the kick back from the Gov the wife wants to go on vacation maybe I can send her with Impur(laugh)

Hell have not even thought of them yet(laugh) Owning your own business sucks as you have to wait to have all of it taken care of before you even think of doing the personal part of it. I have an accountant do all of mine there are to many things to think about and also write offs. As of money comeing back who knows last year got a real nice refund enough to do a real nice stystem but this year ? I do have a few things going for me but who knows. As for the kick back from the Gov the wife wants to go on vacation maybe I can send her with Impur(laugh)

More the merrier!! (laugh)