120 gallon reef tank

120 gallon dual overflows, starfire glass front and sides, 2 black box led 120 watt lights with holder (needs painted or powder coated), 2 wave makers, return pump, 40 gallon sump, heater. I am keeping the skimmer. I have another monster skimmer you could have, but it needs a new pump and another small part. 

Yellow tang

Blue tang

2 mollies

one red fish I only see when I drain the tank

breeding pair of clowns

three rose bubble tip anenomies 

two leathers

one large pepermint shrimp

several snails and hermits

aproximitly 100lbs of live rock

plenty of algae, that is one of the reasons I am selling the tank. Hopefully you will be able to get rid of it.

All for $700

I am located in Redmond Oregon

IMG_5022.jpg

IMG_5021.jpg

IMG_5026.jpg

I would say if you didn't have the anemones..you could lower the lights intensity and it would stop growing so much algae, but I'd check nutrients and likely the phosphates are high and why it's growing so much. Either way I hope it works out 🤙

• Like 1

Don't get discouraged!  We have all been there.  Balance the nitrates and phosphates.  I would concur with @islandVib3s about phosphates.  Run a quick test and toss in some rowaphos.  If you are determined to sell, you are definitely giving someone a deal at that price!

• Like 1

If I dont sell soon, I will set up the aneomies in a different tank and turn off the lights. I already have them turned down a lot. I do need to run test. I've had a reef tank for about 15 years and they have all kind of been on auto pilot. This one has been a pain! I'm thinking possibly my blue tang is too big for the tank and causeing too much nutrients. When I moved I down graded from a 180 to a 120. We shall see. 😃

I think just turning off the white light might be ok. Last time i got a massive outbreak I turned off the white light completely and dimmed the blue a bit and it seems to got rid of the algae.

Another suggestion is to pull all that you can then water change. This keeps dying alge from releasing nutrients back to the water and the water change pulls more out.   Pull it as you see it growing, mixed with water changes and it will slowly go away.  I just went through this with wife's tank. Hers crashed and recycled.   Looks much better after 2 months.  

I am using RODI, just changed the fiters out about 6 months ago including rodi. I was doing weekly water changes for about 2 months and the tank started to cycle. I really need to test. I just turned off my white lights, but I know that is a short term fix. 

• Like 1