I Hate Cats!!!!!!

CraigH

OK I need to vent. I just found my cat eating my clown. I think she got onto the tank and swiped her out. Her paw was wet if anyone wants to know. I can't put up with this. The cat has to go. I think she got my other clown too. I had a pair now I'm down to one fish. I'm so mad I could puke. They used to hang out around the overflow box when the lights go out and I think that is where she got them. (censored) !!!!!!!! The cat is going to the SPCA this weekend. Well on the plus side I guess this is a good reason to go to the LFS this weekend.

You know what would work even better to seal the back up is the gutter gaurd stuff at Home Depot. Its really cheap and it lets the air move and keeps the fish in and cats out. It would be a lot easier to attach to the canopy then the egg crating.

Rich

Dang! I'm sorry about your curious kitties! That's why they're considered one of the number one killers in the animal kingdom. They kill indiscriminately. Bugs, fish, rodents... heck, I think if I died my cats would probably partake of me as well. hungry

Love 'em all the same!

We've been lucky so far. The 240 is in-wall so they can't get to the fish. But my 20 is open top. So I may be cussing a cat in the future myself! They are far more interested in the 240 though. More action in that tank.

Good luck figuring out some way to keep the cats away! Squirt guns, loud noises (change in a pop or beer can), double sided sticky tape. You might look into some of the sprays to repel the cats, but I don't know how that would do with the reef. Could be chancy.

Stacy

Dude' date=' you need a gunny sack and some rocks, and a deep lake to throw............not really, that totally sucks man![/quote']

LOL......Thanks guys. You know for what I paid for my clowns it probably works out to be around 300 bucks a pound. Nice dinner for ChowMein(my cat). I named her that because it drives my kids nuts when I say we're having chowmein for dinner tonight.

That is a great name for a cat! I've always enjoyed the more creative names for pets. Next time serve clown fish in a nice zoa sauce! Wow! I can't believe I said that, being a cat lover and all. Bob! You're rubbing off on me! :eek:

Stacy

I would fry it instead of bake or broil. Cat is kinda stringey so you need to cook it right. I hate cats but that is because I am allergic to them. Heaven help the poor kitty that i ever catch eating any of my fish. You will need to cover the entire top of the tank with eggcrate. if the cat falls in trying to get them it may cause a lot more damage. I am all for taking the cat to the pound.

Hey bob, my wife has a couple cats (note, they are hers...) think you could help me out?

I call them the "lets keep him up all night" beasts. I wish they would swipe a fish from my tank, then I would have a reason to take the cats on a canoe ride.

LOL......Thanks guys. You know for what I paid for my clowns it probably works out to be around 300 bucks a pound. Nice dinner for ChowMein(my cat). I named her that because it drives my kids nuts when I say we're having chowmein for dinner tonight.

That is SH!T is funny, I am laughing out loud at work and people are looking at me, like I am crazy. rofl