Replacement LED diodes for AI Prime 16

sixspeed

1 hour ago, sixspeed said:

Hey all - looking to see if anyone knows the specific part numbers for the LEDs used on the AI Prime 16s? (Pic attached) It looks like one has a melted diffuser but is still working. I can easily replace/reflow with the equipment I have. 

cheers 

IMG_3426.jpeg

They might have the part number on them, but not sure. Could also email AI and they or the website may have them listed.

I may have an AI prime lying around that stopped working for me . Would that be helpful to you? I May have thrown it out but usually I hold on to these things because I don’t want them to go to waste and I know  there are handier people than me who may put it to good use . If I can find it would you be interested in it ?

• Like 1

@svt_guido I’ve narrowed it down to still about 50+ diodes that could work. I’m going to have to order a handful to try out. 

@Emerald525 honestly that would be super helpful if you did still have it!!! - it could be the test board for these new diodes coming in. I’ll need to verify voltage and temp for example to make sure the new diodes aren’t overloading transistors. May even be able to pull off the old ones and see if they have any identifiers under the micron scope. 

1 minute ago, sixspeed said:

@svt_guido I’ve narrowed it down to still about 50+ diodes that could work. I’m going to have to order a handful to try out. 

@Emerald525 honestly that would be super helpful if you did still have it!!! - it could be the test board for these new diodes coming in. I’ll need to verify voltage and temp for example to make sure the new diodes aren’t overloading transistors. May even be able to pull off the old ones and see if they have any identifiers under the micron scope. 

Okay I will look for it !!

My guess the two that burn out are SemiLED 415nm & 400nm

It will be hard to find replacement since there are several version of these diodes and I am sure AI won't give out that information.

Both are in the same channel and run on a different MA than the rest.

I am not sure if the replacement module still available from AI, you have to replace the whole mother board if going to AI

This company may have the supply that you need and they should be able to fix it for reasonable price, https://www.fixreef.com/mail-in-repair/

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, goldenbasketreef said:

My guess the two that burn out are SemiLED 415nm & 400nm

It will be hard to find replacement since there are several version of these diodes and I am sure AI won't give out that information.

Both are in the same channel and run on a different MA than the rest.

I am not sure if the replacement module still available from AI, you have to replace the whole mother board if going to AI

This company may have the supply that you need and they should be able to fix it for reasonable price, https://www.fixreef.com/mail-in-repair/

Thanks for the link Rudy! I had no idea they existed. Have you used them ?