the official DHL SUCKS thread

WAVES

Well,,, DHL screwed me twice in the last week. Im out about $70 because they have no customer service, and they "mis routed" a package, and I guess even though its "guranteed overnight by 10am" its my problem because they are incapable of shipping it in a timely manner.

Oh and they arent even refunding my shipping costs, even though I was told over and over from other departments it would be refunded.

DHL blows.

This is a share your DHL Sucks story so we can help protect our corals, time, and hassle by never shipping with them again.

Yep...FedEx is the only way to go...I've only had one bad shippment, and they gave a full refund without a bunch of hassle.

You might look at USPS...there overnight is good too. There are shipments that can make it over night useing priority. All you have to know is the area code to find out if priority is going to make it over night. Check with your postmaster for those area codes.

I ONLY use Fedex. Never had an issue. It may cost a little more, but worth it.

Travis

Well I thought it would be a good deal,,, for about $16 you can ship something about the size of a co2 reg box "guranteed overnight by 10am" the problem is, the gurantee is a sham. They told me they misrouted a package but they wouldnt cover the coral because they "dont gurantee spoilage". It says right on the bag what they gurantee, but who am I to fight with the almighty DHL.

I filed a complaint with the BBB just to be a thorn in there side.

Hey Joel, if you set up an account with fedex you can negotiate your discount, mine is around 20%, if you print all your shipping labels online you save another 10%, if you pay with an American Express you save another 5%. All this helps to offset the fuel surcharge.

Technically DHL does not ship livestock, that is why you are having trouble with a credit. I had a rep in trying to get my shipping business, when he found out I was shipping corals he said they couldn't help me.

Travis

We get packages at my work from FedEX, UPS, and DHL every single day. And these are just the large envelopes. FedEx always come thru. UPS is always a right after them. And for DHL it all depends on the weather. If it rains too hard, they won't deliver. When it snowed here, we didn't get any DHL. Then after it all melted we get like 15 packages post marked anywhere from 5-8 days prior. And they were all shipped overnight.

Bottom line: NEVER USE DHL!

I always have my live packages delivered to the local UPS office for personal pickup. I always ask what time the plane gets in and what time my package will be there. Ive been burned b4 having deliveries to my work on a friday then not getting them till Monday when they say that the shop was closed at 5 when delivery was attempted when I was staying late to get the package. The driver must have just fugured its to late so did not even stop. Lost another time but this was not the shippers fault...just a poor dealer. No more live orders shipped for me. I let the LFS order them and just pay the markup. They need to pay the bills too.

Jay

I had trouble with UPS once as well. Sent some corals to Cali, and i marked all over the box LIVE CORAL. Well it was raining that day, and apparently the lady didn't answer the door, so the UPS guy decided to leave the box by the side of the ladies house, between the trash cans, in the rain.

At least i got $50 refund from UPS. I don't use them anymore either :/