New Par meter thread

islandVib3s

1_pnwmas_logo.png.ec31a15268fb17ca5e57360fef4517e1.png

Hey fellow Members and future Members it's IslandVibes(Rick),

The club has 1 par meters available for loan to paid members. You might want to check your Par levels for your corals. The normal ranges are:

******KEEP UPDATES OF WHEN PICKED UP AND RETURNED...and any problems encountered with rental PLEASE******

softies 20-150par

LPS 150-200par 

SPS 200-350par

These are a general guideline and of course not all corals react the same.

Please be kind and return undamaged within 1 week so others have the ability to check out the meters.

*If for whatever reason it can't be returned in time, please reach out to whoever's in charge atm of this process and we will do our best to make things work*

Ground rules to borrow a meter:

Must be a paid member of PNWMAS

Pay a $50 refundable deposit, given back upon return of the undamaged meter

Agree to fully reimburse the club if damage or loss occurs

Full cost of a new meter is $345 (+ $55 for the sensor wand if that is also lost/damaged)

Pickup and drop off at Cuttlefish and Corals (6363 SW Capitol Hwy, Portland, OR 97239)

Return the meter within 1 week

Directions (In order):

1️⃣Please enter your information HERE

️Please check the STATUS of your PAR meter request HERE

Once your name is called below, there will be additional instructions to take one of the following steps:

Pay the deposit and post that you have paid, if no response within 2 days, we will move on to the next in line.

2️⃣Click Here to pay the deposit, and post you've made the deposit.

******KEEP UPDATES OF WHEN PICKED UP AND RETURNED...and any problems encountered with rental PLEASE******

Pick up the meter at Cuttlefish & Corals and post you’ve picked it up

A668E8D2-4D67-4306-A2CA-728AAD8CE0B1.jpeg

Drop off the meter at Cuttlefish & Corals and post you’ve dropped it off which will then refund your deposit

Apogee SQ-520 Full Spectrum Smart Quantum LED PAR Sensor

parmeter-usb.jpg.521eeb6f4fa98e09b6ad4d8ad6e908fa.jpg

This page has information you'll need, including links to software downloads for PC and Mac. You'll want to make sure you're able to use the software before borrowing this meter. Apogee has verified tech support for operating systems Windows XP through 10, as well as Mac 10.10 and higher, and they offer to help out if someone runs into compatibility issues.

parmeter-monitor.jpg.04175d836ab7628c1e3228caf81b50f0.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

46 minutes ago, LavenderTi said:

Can we do replies or DM rather than editing the original post? With the previous thread I did not get notified when I was tagged and subsequently missed my slot.

If we didn't edit the original post, the thread would get really long. We can make sure that we also send a PM when we update the list.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Tiny Reef said:

I think there might be an issue with the form.  I'm receiving an error message that my username must be a number greater than 0 when I enter my name.

I'll have a check. Is your membership up to date or expired by any chance?

4 minutes ago, Tiny Reef said:

I'm pretty sure my membership is up to date.

As a test I changed my username to a number on the form and it cleared the error. 

Thanks for letting me know. I fixed that field on the form. Can you please try again? Sorry for the hassle. The person who set up the original Google form left the club so we have not been able to edit it, so that is why I am re-doing it.

Thanks!

Andy

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Pdxreefer said:

I signed up when the original post came out but I no longer see my name on the list. Were notifications sent out? I’ve been checking periodically. Do I need to sign up again? 

Yes . It's a new list. We didn't have access to the old one.sorry for the mix up.

5 hours ago, islandVib3s said:

Yes . It's a new list. We didn't have access to the old one.sorry for the mix up.

I think there is some minor glitches with the sign up but definitely a better process. You’re on the list again after Sixspeed and pinoyreef is on the list twice.  

8 hours ago, Pdxreefer said:

I signed up when the original post came out but I no longer see my name on the list. Were notifications sent out? I’ve been checking periodically. Do I need to sign up again? 

We're sorry about that. I can lend you my own par meter if you need one sooner. Send me a pm.

• Like 1