WTB Magnetic Frag Racks

svt_guido

I’m trying not to print right now, since last time it nuked my tank. Smh

i used black abs filament. Printed for maybe 8 hours… all I’ve printed have been calibration blocks.

ill take the file tho. Is it to make it magnetic? If so, I’ll also take the link to the magnets if you don’t mind.

my email is josetunerguido@gmail.com

On 4/26/2023 at 8:43 AM, svt_guido said:

I’m trying not to print right now, since last time it nuked my tank. Smh

i used black abs filament. Printed for maybe 8 hours… all I’ve printed have been calibration blocks.

ill take the file tho. Is it to make it magnetic? If so, I’ll also take the link to the magnets if you don’t mind.

my email is josetunerguido@gmail.com

My printed one is not a magnet, I cracked a tank once using magnets so i try to stay away from those, but I use suction cups instead. Mine two have been up to close to a year now, made from PLA, and works great. Im sure you could modified this really really easily to fit whatever magnet you are using.  I attached the model file to this message.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08ZS7MV1K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Frag Rack.3mf

• Like 1

https://www.kjmagnetics.com

They sell dipped magnets suitable for reef aquaria. Used them for years and buy from them regularly for all sorts of DIY projects. Make sure you get the correct grade for your tank's wall thickness. 

I wouldn't recommend dipping yourself unless you trust your own craftsmanship. 

There is a laser cutting file for making acrylic discs that can be fused (Weldon #16 in the fridge works) together with a magnet in-between. I highly recommend this since cost / labor are minimal compared to the item aesthetic / function. Most people I've met in the community are rather generous in helping other reefers with fabrication projects provided you supply the material. 

• Like 1

I've super glued old mag floats to all kinds of stuff including heavy old school power heads. Some diffuser, super glue and an old mag float maybe some Krylon SP cheap easy sturdy rack. I've been thinking of glueing mag float mini's to rocks and drilling hole in the rock for plugs and having floating frag rocks on the walls.

Edited by mrscuito9833