Macna 2023 cancelled

Emerald525

1 hour ago, obrien.david.j said:

How sad.  We've made it a point to attend the last few years of MACNA, and really enjoyed it.    We were going again this year, until now.

The ones in San Diego and Vegas were a blast. I went to the one in Dallas one year too.  I heard they haven’t  been profitable for a while now and Vegas was the only one that was. I sure the pandemic didn’t help and Kevin stepping down didn’t help. It’s a lot of work. Just organizing the reef show here was a lot of time can’t imagine doing a show on that level.

46 minutes ago, Emerald525 said:

The ones in San Diego and Vegas were a blast. I went to the one in Dallas one year too.  I heard they haven’t  been profitable for a while now and Vegas was the only one that was. I sure the pandemic didn’t help and Kevin stepping down didn’t help. It’s a lot of work. Just organizing the reef show here was a lot of time can’t imagine doing a show on that level.

We were at San Diego, Vegas, and I was at Dallas (a number of years ago) too.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, Yourmedic said:

This is too bad, I really hope 2024 brings it back with a bang and it gets a lot of momentum and keeps going strong!!!

Rumor has it that May not happen but fortunately there are some other shows that are well run like aquashella but I felt like Macna had the most educational focus.

• Like 1