Reefer 350

ClownF1sh

Testing the waters on if there is any interest in a currently set up reefer 350. Tank is in inner SE Portland and It comes with about 3-5 heads of green torches (trying to nurse back to health, had an aptasia filefish eat some of them), about 12 heads of purple/green frammer , about 8 heads of green/purple  frammer, a fox coral roughly 6 inches  long and four inches wide, red ora goni’s, small drac Zoa colony, and a few small mushroom of different colors. Fish list is as follows, clown fish, MALE blue star leopard wrasse, Tomini tang, large pink spot goby with a large Japanese pistol shrimp, orange clownfish. This is the setup that came from the tanks for teachers auction and includes 2 ai hydras, sump with protein skimmer/return pump/ two heaters/ and an ATO (is mounted in a 5 gallon bucket with plumping), roughly 100 pounds of liverock that is all custom aqua scaped with macro-e40 cement. Also comes with a Gyre, and another wave maker (hydor), gyre alone is able to keep flow in a much larger setup. 

The downside of the tank is I am fighting a massive aptasia outbreak and have been unable to eliminate them despite my best efforts. I am hoping to get $4500 for the tank with everything included, however am open to offers as well. I’m also happy to help with loading, unloading (within Portland) and tank setup. 
thanks for your time.

Edited by ClownF1sh

I will update some photos later this week once I have cleaned the tanks glass. To address the PM's I've been getting I am not planning on parting any corals or the fish out, my goal is to sell the tank as a whole unit other-words I'm just going to keep fighting the good fight against the Aptasia. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I've fought a massive Aptasia infestation, and Won.   (thread below)  The recipe, modified for you IN TANK treatment;

Aptasia Death, by peppermint shrimp -- IN DISPLAY TANK

• Take couple dozen peppermint shrimp (I used 26)
  • Remove all fish from tank
  • Don't feed the tank.  No food, No Food, No Food.    
  • Death by hungry Peppermint Shrimp!
  • (This will likely take a full Month to work.   More peppermint shrimp, mean faster time)

Punch line, you need peppermint shrimp to be hungry.   Aptasia is their food.    And after you can't see any aptasia, give the shrimp an extra week (or two) to go after the smaller/not visible remains.

So I would like to do this however I am unable to find anywhere to store my fish. No stores I have talked to are willing to hold them now-adays due to issues with holding past customers coral/fish apparently. I have a medication tank, however cannot store the tang, wrasse who requires sand, and others in it safely due to its size (20gallon).

7 hours ago, ClownF1sh said:

So I would like to do this however I am unable to find anywhere to store my fish. No stores I have talked to are willing to hold them now-adays due to issues with holding past customers coral/fish apparently. I have a medication tank, however cannot store the tang, wrasse who requires sand, and others in it safely due to its size (20gallon).

Another option is simply sell the fish, or the ones you feel can't be kept in your 20g medication tank.   Heck, the $ selling the fish may pay for the peppermint shrimp.    You could also offer them as a trade for shrimp from a local store.

There is one kink in my suggestions here...  Florida has been hit by hurricanes and my internet search yesterday found all peppermint shrimp "out of stock."  (I've gotten all mine from Florida sellers in the past.)     Maybe another reason to make a deal with a fish shop.   They are able to check wholesalers/etc that I couldn't.

Just offering an option, in case it's Aptasia that are driving you to get rid of the tank.

I do like this option and was actually had read your entire post a few months back where you had documented getting rid of your large invasion with the peppermints. I am in a similar boat as your infestation.  My issue is that the two fish I am not willing to part with (Yellow clown goby and a male bluestar leopard wrasse), of the two I can only safely keep the clown goby. If I can find a way to house the wrasse this is an option for me, I just need to figure out a way to get him in atleast a 30-40 gallon with a little sand. I'm roughly $800 into this aptasia battle between coral die off, money spent on products, filefish, and a unhealthy copperbanded who refused food. I just need to find either a new shop that's willing to hold a customers fish or someone I can pay to house the fish in a spare tank. I could even just go the nudibranch route if I am able to find a temporary home for the wrasse. 

Edited by ClownF1sh
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ClownF1sh said:

I do like this option and was actually had read your entire post a few months back where you had documented getting rid of your large invasion with the peppermints. I am in a similar boat as your infestation.  My issue is that the two fish I am not willing to part with (Yellow clown goby and a male bluestar leopard wrasse), of the two I can only safely keep the clown goby. If I can find a way to house the wrasse this is an option for me, I just need to figure out a way to get him in atleast a 30-40 gallon with a little sand. I'm roughly $800 into this aptasia battle between coral die off, money spent on products, filefish, and a unhealthy copperbanded who refused food. I just need to find either a new shop that's willing to hold a customers fish or someone I can pay to house the fish in a spare tank. I could even just go the nudibranch route if I am able to find a temporary home for the wrasse. 

How big is the wrasse - I've got one, and although it wouldn't be idea, I'll bet I could house it in a 20gal for a couple of months.    Either just put gravel in your 20G, until your done.  Or, I've seen people fill a tuperware container with gravel in it into a bare bottom tank for Wrasses to sleep in.

It sure feels like you've got room to keep those two fish.

• Like 1

It is around 4-5inches, I do feel he may be able to survive it just may not be ideal. I am going to set up my medicated tank this weekend and see what we can do, hopefully I will find somewhere I can pay to store the fish or just my Coral to potentially go the the Kliens butterfly route.

22 hours ago, ClownF1sh said:

Sorry to hear about the aiptasia battle being so challenging. I have plenty of Berghia nudibranchs available if you find a temp home for your wrasse. I will sell to hobbyists at wholesale prices but you’d need to come to Vancouver WA for pickup. 

• Like 2