N.W. seahorse aquarium

nu2reef-n

Yeah I stopped visiting his shop because like Bob said the ich and other things with the fish. Plus Woody was never really a coral store. Sounds like he has improved though.

To bad he won't support the club, I will stick with the LFS that continue to support us...

To bad he won't support the club' date=' I will stick with the LFS that continue to support us...[/quote']

That is my thought exactly. On our last trip to portland, we stopped by. We had Nyles with us and wanted to do a LFS tour while we were in the neighborhood. He had a large crew of employees cleaning tanks, doing water changes, the shop looked good. Woody also has the largest amount of plumbing supplies of any LFS I have been to.

But like Rich said... I support the stores that support the club.

Jay

That is my thought exactly. On our last trip to portland, we stopped by. We had Nyles with us and wanted to do a LFS tour while we were in the neighborhood. He had a large crew of employees cleaning tanks, doing water changes, the shop looked good. Woody also has the largest amount of plumbing supplies of any LFS I have been to.

But like Rich said... I support the stores that support the club.

Jay

yeah, when I went there were about 4 other people working there... and that is why i went there cause he is the only one that had the bulkheads I needed...I agree with you guys, but sometimes, it is worth a stop into somewhere else.

My two cents worth: for a long time Woody was the only one of the lfs's that would talk to me unless I was willing to buy some set-up right then and there. I probably wouldn't have gotten into it without his help. I agree about the bad local though. Never seen ich on his fish and his corals all looked fine.

I wonder if the commercials are because he is doing well now in his new building or if its a "last ditch effort"? Rumor had it he was struggling with his new rent at his big place. I wish him the best either way, I caught his commercial too, looked pretty good for a LFS budget.

Last ditch effort? Doubt it. More often than not he is busy. Since his move into the newer location he has been constantly expanding his offerings. Seems like he sells more big ticket items like tanks and what not, or at least I see new ones moving through his shop all the time. Last time I spoke with him he was looking into starting to custom fab stands and canopies from exotic woods, has the equipment just needs to get it off the ground. I will agree that at times the fish can look in a state of dispare but it has been many months ago. The coral selection is great for softies and LPS. Everything I have bought from him is doing quite well. Props to Woody. Wish he supported the club.

I have said this before, and it looks like I have to say it again - Woody has done probably more for keeping the club going than any other one person outside of myself and Ryan Jensen. When family illness a few years ago made it impossible for me to remain as Chairman of the Marine Study Group. I was unable to find anyone else to keep the local Marine Aquarium club going, , Woody took over the monthly meetings. Along with the help of Alice Hart and others, the group continued and eventually PNWMAS was formed. People tend to take for granted that there has always been a reef club here. It is only because of hard work and dedication of people like Woody at Seahorse Aquarium, and Bob Rosenthal at Gateway Tropicals, that helped make it possible to have a meeting almost every month for the last ten years. A few of us that have been around awhile are able to see the big picture and can see what petty sniveling can do to tic someone off or try to damage their reputation in spite of all the hard work they have done.

In my opinion, Woody has done more than his share to support the club. It is my hope that he will again be one of our Sponsors.

Last ditch effort? Doubt it. More often than not he is busy. Since his move into the newer location he has been constantly expanding his offerings. Seems like he sells more big ticket items like tanks and what not' date=' or at least I see new ones moving through his shop all the time. Last time I spoke with him he was looking into starting to custom fab stands and canopies from exotic woods, has the equipment just needs to get it off the ground. I will agree that at times the fish can look in a state of dispare but it has been many months ago. The coral selection is great for softies and LPS. Everything I have bought from him is doing quite well. Props to Woody. Wish he supported the club.[/quote']

Thats good to hear, all I ever hear is hearsay, Ive only been to his new place once.

If woodie was closer to me I would have visited more often but its always just been such a long drive.

I just had to register and post on this one. I have known Woody for about 7 years. In that time he has helped me several times. He has sent me materials for projects that I couldn't find locally (usually sent out the same day I call) Every bit of livestock I've ever bought from him has thrived. I recently was in PDX, and stopped by to look for a majestic angelfish and some other stuff. Woody is closed mondays DOH! His son happened to be there, and called Woody to tell him I was up from Eugene and was looking for a large angel. Woody came and opened the store for me:D He was promptly rushed by 4-5 other customers who saw the doors open (Sorry Woody!!) Not only did he have a beautiful 4-5 inch majestic, there were 4 or 5 other large angels that looked just as healthy. Always worth the drive for me.

One thing I have learned over the years is not to discuss husbandry with him........He'll make ya nutty(scratch)

Anyway, I don't know if I would still be into the hobby if not for all his help over the years. And I know I'm not the only one!

Woody, if you read this..... You 'da man!!!!!!!!

Rant Over.... We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

Peace,

B

Oh Yeah! I tried to stop at Waves that day too, but they were closed, I think it was Joel's birthday so I'll forgive him....LOL

I just had to register and post on this one.

Well, it's about time you registered and started posting over here! (laugh)

I've always liked Woody's, even when it was operating out of his garage. Jay and I just never seem to get up to his shop very often because we live in Creswell. That's why we never complain about the meetings being Portland based. It gives us an excuse to check out the other shops!

Besides, you've gotta love the shark pool! (clap)

Stacy