3d printing pod hotel

Saltfishlover

37 minutes ago, Lexinverts said:

I have a ton of pods in my chaetomorpha, which makes me think that some of the compact Santamonica algae scrubbers would well as "pod hotels."

Do we know that they actually use a plastic habitat without biological material?

I have a turf scrubber and I have yet to see any decent sized pods in there.  I've looked pretty close too, even put some of it in a jar and shined a light in.  It was quite surprising as there are pods almost everywhere else in the tank. 

In chaeto, yeah, lots of pods.

Mine do get some detritus and such in them, but they are after the socks and skimmer.  If you consider the pods eat detritus, that's a good thing.

I have one around somewhere in the gear hoard but never got around to trying it out.

I use the IM seaweed grazer and every time I open it up to put some more nori in, I shake it around in the water and usually 3-4 large pods go swimming out. Occasionally my wrasse is paying attention and gets a snack out of it 😁

You wanting this for a mandarin or something? Or just some free live food?