Issues with latest Apex update (5.06 6E21)

NateDawg

I finally updated my apex to the latest OS and for some reason apex fusion is now saying that my pm1 module is disconnected... tried to update the software of the module, unplugged and plugged it back in. Restarted the apex twice but nothing... The status light on the module is now orange instead of green. Anybody have a fix for this before I reach out to Neptune about it. Thanks!Screenshot_20210714-000826_APEX Fusion.jpgScreenshot_20210714-001218_APEX Fusion.jpg

I have seen several reports like yours.  I’ve attempted troubleshooting it with some people who reached out to me for help, but so far no luck.

You should contact Neptune Support. I bet they’re getting hammered with requests.

This really sucks.  It seems the last two or three AOS releases have been problematic.

1 hour ago, SuncrestReef said:

Do you have a Display module connected to your Apex?  I saw someone else report that if they unplug the Display module, the other missing module then worked.  It’s worth a shot.

Thanks for helping me out with this, I dont have a display module unfortunately. Do you know if there is a way to revert back to the previous AOS at least? This pm module is unfortunately the one that's running my calc reactor.

37 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Thanks for helping me out with this, I dont have a display module unfortunately. Do you know if there is a way to revert back to the previous AOS at least? This pm module is unfortunately the one that's running my calc reactor.

No, I think only Neptune Support can put it back to the older AOS.

5 minutes ago, SuncrestReef said:

What if you try to force a software update to the PM1 from its configuration screen?

Yeah, I tried that unfortunately. It's odd because fusion seems to be able to connect to it because when I tried to update the software of the module, I didnt get an error message, just a software has been updated message. I've gone and changed the location where the module is plugged in and even gone and deleted the module off of fusion to try and re-setup the module. As soon as its plugged in, the apex recognizes it but labels it as disconnected because that makes sense.... I went ahead and sent in a support ticket with Neptune.

@NateDawg  I just got an update from another person who had the same problem:

”I ended up opening a ticket. They advised to disconnect the aquabus cable and update the firmware for the module then partially through the update plug the aquabus cable back in. The update concluded and I had a green light on the module.”

Give that a try.  I’m crossing my fingers! 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, SuncrestReef said:

@NateDawg  I just got an update from another person who had the same problem:

”I ended up opening a ticket. They advised to disconnect the aquabus cable and update the firmware for the module then partially through the update plug the aquabus cable back in. The update concluded and I had a green light on the module.”

Give that a try.  I’m crossing my fingers! 

Yes! this worked for me as well. Took a couple tries but did what you said. Unplugged the module, then updated the firmware. After about 20 seconds, I plugged the aquabus cable back into the module and everything is all of a sudden back online! Very strange... hopefully there isn't any corrupted code anywhere now... Thanks a bunch!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Yes! this worked for me as well. Took a couple tries but did what you said. Unplugged the module, then updated the firmware. After about 20 seconds, I plugged the aquabus cable back into the module and everything is all of a sudden back online! Very strange... hopefully there isn't any corrupted code anywhere now... Thanks a bunch!!

EXCELLENT!  Glad to help.

I have the same issue. Didn’t think this would happen but it’s really sucks. I called Neptune and I have a ticket open with them.  Funny enough, when I refresh some modules randomly go green. And now they are all green after some time passed.  F74AACB3-50F7-45F6-84E0-7E2B1EDAEEBE.png

The past several Apex updates have had bugs.  The last one they issued a new update 4 days later to correct the problems.  I wouldn’t be surprised if they have to replace this update as well.

I highly recommend holding off on Apex updates for a few days to gauge the reception and let other people be the guinea pigs.

Neptune removed AOS version 5.06_6E21 and replaced it today with version 5.06_7D21.  They claim it corrects the problems introduced earlier this week.

This is the 2nd time in two months that they released a buggy version and had to immediately issue a fixed version.  Very disappointing.

• Like 1