Need Interceptor for red bugs

junior

Does anyone have interceptor? I am happy to buy it off of you. I just noticed my Cali tort covered in them. The only thing added recently was some frags from a local person I’m guessing they hitched a ride even with my qt and medication some must have made it through to my display. The tort is on borrowed time and started to bleach today. 

Also if anyone knows of a vet that will understand what I’m doing without convincing please send me their info. 

Edited by junior

I’ve got milbemax, which I found to be the allowable equivalent when I looked into it. I’ve got (1) pill, sized for dogs greater than 5kg. Well, that all sounds really weird. I used one from the two pack way back when, and it did the trick as I recall. You can have it if you want, but you’ll have to do the research for application

• Like 1

Thank you so much for the offer.  I have 100+g of water volume will need more than one. Probably need for interceptor for dogs 50-100lbs and 3 pills total. 

It’s been a decade since I have had this problem and really not looking forward to the nightmare of killing all the pods. 

going to pull the cleaner shrimp tomorrow if I can. 

6 minutes ago, Bicyclebill said:

I’ve got milbemax, which I found to be the allowable equivalent when I looked into it. I’ve got (1) pill, sized for dogs greater than 5kg. Well, that all sounds really weird. I used one from the two pack way back when, and it did the trick as I recall. You can have it if you want, but you’ll have to do the research for application

Edited by junior

• junior changed the title to Need Interceptor for red bugs
2 minutes ago, Bicyclebill said:

If you can, I think that’s the better solution anyway!

Problem is they can be all through the system and it won’t kill them all so it becomes a constant battle instead of just killing them all at once. 

bayer will just give me time to find interceptor. 

Edited by junior

13 hours ago, junior said:

Thank you so much for the offer.  I have 100+g of water volume will need more than one. Probably need for interceptor for dogs 50-100lbs and 3 pills total. 

It’s been a decade since I have had this problem and really not looking forward to the nightmare of killing all the pods. 

going to pull the cleaner shrimp tomorrow if I can. 

If you send me a message i have some being dropped off here for ya :)

He says 1 pill should be enough but we can do what ever. Half of one pill treated his 180

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MrBret said:

If you send me a message i have some being dropped off here for ya :)

He says 1 pill should be enough but we can do what ever. Half of one pill treated his 180

Thank you so much. Sent you a message.

Once the tank is treated I would be happy to give you a frag of the pearlberry like wild colony I have.

Edited by junior

Junior, I am really sorry about this. I had no idea I had them since I have never had any acros in that tank and have not seen any on my montis. Before last week, I had not added anything to the tank since the pandemic.

I was under the impression, they only ate acros and would die off in a few weeks without. Do you know what else they can live off of? Sounds like I should get a pill as well, right? or can I just dip the one acro frag I have now? I cant remove the montis from the rock work. 

28 minutes ago, BeardUp said:

Junior, I am really sorry about this. I had no idea I had them since I have never had any acros in that tank and have not seen any on my montis. Before last week, I had not added anything to the tank since the pandemic.

I was under the impression, they only ate acros and would die off in a few weeks without. Do you know what else they can live off of? Sounds like I should get a pill as well, right? or can I just dip the one acro frag I have now? I cant remove the montis from the rock work. 

No worries. If you are concerned, I ordered Dr. G's coral dip, and it should do the trick as well (same active ingredient). Happy to give you a little but doesn't arrive for 2 weeks and my torts are looking very stressed right now.

You don't need to worry about the frags I gave you as the infected pieces didn't go in until after. Also, they didn't come from your hammers because those are still in QT. It was from 2 acros purchased from someone else.

You should keep all of that. Sounds like I should be ok, and will keep an eye out. I assumed they came from me based on timing. You have a great tank and I am sorry you are battling this. I wonder if Willco or a rual vet might be able to provide some interceptor if MrBret cant. 

38 minutes ago, Reeftank225 said:

I tried to order Dr. G's a few months back but they refunded my money and said they were out and not sure when they would make more? 

I’m guessing they are back in stock. Ordered 2 8oz and it wil be delivered March 3rd. 

thank you for the offer I got the milbemax bicyclebill and no red bugs in sight. Should have dr g before the need for a second dose. 

It was a nightmare because without the support of the board I would be waiting for dr g and watching my torts and twilight dragon die. I called every vet I could find and was told flat out no on most. Best I got was an appointment in 3 weeks, $150 new client charge, and no garuntee they would give it to me. 

it is a heart felt thank you to everyone with the offers. 

Edited by junior

I tried to order Dr. G's a few months back but they refunded my money and said they were out and not sure when they would make more? Such a pain to get the stuff from vet. 99 percent would not sell it so I made an Appt. For my german shepherd and got some that way plus the stuff I got from florida through offer up. Surprised the reef stores dont carry it? Glad it worked out!