interceptor dosage recommendation??

uhuru

From what I've been reading, dipping for a few minutes with interceptor doesn't do a thing. Red bugs take several hours before they show signs of dying and at least 6 hours are recommended, better 12-24 hrs.

Dosage doesn't seem to be as important as length of exposure and it's said that you can't really overdose with the stuff.

I used about a sixth of a large dog pill in a 10G tank.

TMPCC is just an iodine treatment isn't it? I have some Lugol's do you think that will do the job then?

TMPCC is nothing like Lugols. Lugols doesnt kill them as far as I know, and will be MUCH harder on the coral. TMPCC and Revive are both excellent but different from lugols.

Revive is made by 2littlefishes It is a newer dip, but we've been using it for about 4 months. It uses citrus something to work. We dipped AEFW infected stonies twice and they were gone. They did lose some color, but overall did very well.

It smells like pinesol (sp?)

It also kills nudies, but not eggs. I havent tested it on redbugs myself, but im sure it would work. It kills crabs, copepods, worms etc. Everything falls to the bottom of the bowl after a dip.

ive recently changed over from tmpcc to coral revive as well.

I still use interceptor as i dont believe that iodine truly does kill the bugs, at least not unless you used it for so long that you would be risking killing the coral. tmpcc is gnarly stuff and you can overdose it and it will cause its own problems.

a little trick.....use a cup or two of near boiling ro/di water to mix your interceptor up in....it will start going to work in ten minutes insetad of hours. I run it for 45 minutes and confidently can say it kills all red bugs in this timeframe. I didnt believe it when i first heard it but proved it for myself. 20 minutes is good enough to be honest...but i run it for 45 anyway

this was the reccomendation form Casey on TRT. some of you may not like him as much but you have to admit, his SPS and clam tanks are friggen amazing.

Yes you can put new additions in a bucket of saltwater with Lavisole and Interceptor for 6 hrs with a powerhead and airstone I do this to all SPS and lps before going into my tank.

I use coral revive and like it better than TMPCC. FWIW

I'm going to interceptor my tank soon so what's your guys recommendation for my 300gal tank? I used it a while ago but didn't do multiple treatments so they came back. So how many pills, treatments and time frame?

I'm going to interceptor my tank soon so what's your guys recommendation for my 300gal tank? I used it a while ago but didn't do multiple treatments so they came back. So how many pills, treatments and time frame?

2.5 pills 2 treatments.

Dont do any water changes afterwards, just crank the skimmer up.

the bugs will not come back assuming you dont reintroduce them

Just curious why you like Revive better than TMPCC. I've only used TMPCC so i don't know how Revive works. Just wondering since i'm down to my last TMPCC bottle.