FREE Azure Damsel Pair, Will Need Picked Up Next Weekend

TaylorW

I have a pair of Azure Damsels, or Yellow Bellied Damsels that need a new home FREE. I'm hoping to have something lined up for next weekend, I'm located in the forest Grove area but I'm sure I could meet possibly in Hillsboro OR POSSIBLY Beaverton if I'm in the area. Full disclosure: the larger Damsel can be a bully to fish smaller than him! (Surprise Surprise right?) He's about ~2 inches long, if you have fish larger than him he will be absolutely fine, but he tends to try to bully tiny fish. He tends to stay in one area of the tank and can be territorial only towards very small fish, I've decided to re-home them both together because they're a pair and mostly because he started trying to bully my new little Storm Clown. If no takers he's going to a LFS or I'm posting on Craigslist free which I hate doing but right now they're in my sump and I don't want to leave them in there for too long. ace1b6dfc538982c389da2e4e5fd2a46.jpg95662485089d12c99f9750ea2fdf1ae9.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

I have two of these and they are model citizens and all I have is small fish and one yellow tang. The only thing they attack is my arm. Sometimes it is really jarring. They are totally awesome otherwise. Love those little F***kers.

• Like 1

I love Azures! Had three for awhile but they're total dicks. I have 5 fish now so I'm maxed. 

Beatiful reef fish and they swim a lot so they're a great addition. But dicks [emoji4]

[emoji23] I love this!! You totally just nailed it! They're being picked up Saturday and I was pretty clear about the larger one, he only picks on things smaller than him (except for my hand) so yeah definitely a Bully... Pretty fish, I've had them since 2016 so they're pretty set in their ways. The smaller one is really timid and always hangs in the back waiting to be fed. I had a Yellow Tang that would keep the larger in check but I moved the Tang to a different tank then the Damsel really got really good at bullying smaller things.

I have two of these and they are model citizens and all I have is small fish and one yellow tang. The only thing they attack is my arm. Sometimes it is really jarring. They are totally awesome otherwise. Love those little F***kers.

Wow you're lucky! Yeah I definitely experience the attacking of the hand from the larger one, he flares his fins and attacks [emoji23] if he wasn't so small it wouldn't be so funny. I actually tried just grabbing him with my bare hands to catch him since he's fearless, I almost grabbed him a couple times but he caught on quick to what I was trying to do so I had to resort to pulling out the larger rocks to catch him and the other one. I really didn't want to have to pull out all the rocks so I was almost considering a hook and bait lol. He really didn't start getting aggressive until I moved the Yellow Tang to another tank so I'm thinking in a tank with larger more aggressive fish he will be likely be fine. I have someone picking them both up Saturday so hopefully he will calm down some in a tank with larger fish.  

• Like 1