Shrimp hatch?

SuncrestReef

At night I like to use a flashlight to see what's going on in my tank after dark, and tonight I was surprised to see thousands of tiny white specs drifting around in the current.  I managed to capture and look at one under my microscope.  It appears to be some sort of tiny shrimp.  Take a look at this video and let me know if you can ID it.  The video starts out at 40x magnification, then I switched to 200x.  The specimen is about 2mm in length.

I currently have two skunk cleaner shrimp and a single pistol shrimp.  I'm wondering if these could be baby cleaner shrimp?

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, Lexinverts said:

Cool video! Yes, those are cleaner shrimp larvae. This happens in my tank every 3 weeks or so. They last a few days and then disappear.

Thanks for the info Andy!  This might explain why my cleaner shrimp have been hiding more than usual lately.  They’re normally out and about more frequently, especially during feeding, but for the past week they’ve been hiding under my rock arch.

Someone at R2R sent me these photos of the eggs:

3B227C7F-00BF-481A-925A-80931CEA5B25.jpeg

D5BDB90A-AB27-48CA-B2F3-ABB1D143D01B.jpeg

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...