Anyone ever tried anything like this before?

TaylorW

3 hours ago, TaylorW said:

Not sure where to find a big clear pipe though lol.

I bought a pipe to do this many months ago, but I wasn’t able to catch my clowns due to my rockscape so I never got to try it.   Luckily they found the nem on their own eventually.

You’re welcome to borrow it if you like.

• Like 2

I would personally worry about forcing a clown in to a anemone without the "getting acquainted" period.  Especially captive breed clowns.

It looks cool though 
I was sort of thinking the same, I get it for the types of clowns in the video though. I'd just never seen it before and was curious if anyone had tried it and with any success. I haven't had my clowns in my new tank long enough to do anything quite this drastic, all mine have eventually found their way into an Anenome, sometimes it just takes a loooooong time lol!

Sent from my BLU R1 HD using Tapatalk

I bought a pipe to do this many months ago, but I wasn’t able to catch my clowns due to my rockscape so I never got to try it.   Luckily they found the nem on their own eventually.
You’re welcome to borrow it if you like.
Thanks but I'm not quite at that point yet lol! Just curious if anyone has tried it

• Like 1

I doubt that pipe needs to be clear. Probably get the same effect with a piece of 4” abs.
Right? Was thinking the same thing. You really could just look down the tube to see if it works.

I have the same concerns as Thomas @Derbird.  If you've ever watched clownfish with a new anemone, the clown usually plays an "in and out" game with the tentacles.  Sometimes it takes no time at all, but I've seen it take hours.  I'm not sure what the consequences would be of forcing it, but I would probably look for alternatives if the idea is to get the clownfish to accept an anemone as its host.  You can Google it and you'll find lots of ideas.  Or you can do what John @SuncrestReef did, and wait it out.   Good luck!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Gil&Fin said:

I have the same concerns as Thomas @Derbird.  If you've ever watched clownfish with a new anemone, the clown usually plays an "in and out" game with the tentacles.  Sometimes it takes no time at all, but I've seen it take hours.  I'm not sure what the consequences would be of forcing it, but I would probably look for alternatives if the idea is to get the clownfish to accept an anemone as its host.  You can Google it and you'll find lots of ideas.  Or you can do what John @SuncrestReef did, and wait it out.   Good luck!

Or you can trade in your clownfish for new ones that like anemones.  I was tempted...🤣

• Like 1