Light choices just got a little harder.. Or easier

pdxmonkeyboy

I don't know when they came out by giesseman now has there Stellar line of hybrid LED/T5s.   This is similar to other systems where you can integrate any LED light you want into this fixture that has four t5 slots,    Giesseman units ate not cheap but the quality is out of this world.  I have their spectra over my tank and the fit and finish are second to NONE.  The metal is crazy thick and everything is very precisely machined.  So if you are just dying to use LED units but also want the benefits of T5 lights then give these a look.  The integrated heat sinks are pretty dope as well! 

https://www.giesemann.us/stellar.html

• Like 1

I love product reviews that ding them for the box it comes in..or that fact that you have to put it together... 

The end plate thing is a rub but you only have to take the shields out to replace the bulbs and you should probably take the whole unit down for that anyways. 

I am using Metal halides, T5 and reefbrite XHO.  In my opinion its about as good as a light as you can get, I actually can't imagine a better combo. 

6 minutes ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

I love product reviews that ding them for the box it comes in..or that fact that you have to put it together... 

The end plate thing is a rub but you only have to take the shields out to replace the bulbs and you should probably take the whole unit down for that anyways. 

I am using Metal halides, T5 and reefbrite XHO.  In my opinion its about as good as a light as you can get, I actually can't imagine a better combo. 

He could also easily solve the dual power cord complaint with a Y pigtail cord.