Recommendations for 180 gallon aquarium lighting

NateDawg

So I've never bought lighting before, I've always just made it myself but I'd like to try something different. Id like to stay with all led, maybe with some added t5 if someone convinces me lol. I wouldn't need a ton of features, just timing and adjustment of color and intensity. Also more budget friendly but not cheap, if that makes sense at all. I would be having both sps and clams at the bottom of the tank as well. The tanks dimensions are 6'x24.5"x24. Any input would be super helpful plus if anyone has any lighting for sale, I'd be interested in that as Well. Thanks!

On my 6x2 footprint build that I've been working on I've got 3 radion xr30g4 pros, and I'm gonna supplement with 6 t5s on a controller. Definitely a less than budget friendly option, but in my experience nothing compares to radion/t5 hybrid. I did look into sb reef lights pretty heavily. They're producing some crazy results, and they're cheap. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Reef Chard
      I'll give you a deal if you buy multiple items. Shoot me a PM. Located in SE Portland
      Giesemann Aurora Hybrid LED/T5 Light - $600 OBO Korallin S-1502 Bio-Denitrator -$200 Avast Skimmate Locker - $80 Neptune COR-20 (2000GPH, USB included) - sold Milwaukee pH controller - sold BRS 4-stage 150 GPD RO/DI filter (with pressure gauge and TDS meter) No media - sold Tunze Osmolator ATO - $40 this is missing a float sensor and needs some new tubing 2 x JBJ ATO (no pump) - $30 each Red Sea Magnesium (new) -$5 IM Gourmet Defroster (new) -$5 Triton ICP Professional Seawater Analysis - $30 Red Sea Foundation Pro Multi Test Kit - $10 Red Sea Trace Colors Pro Multi Test Kit - $10 Red Sea Marine Care Multi Test Kit - $10 Red Sea Nitrate Pro Test Kit (new) -$25 Hanna Nitrate Colorimeter (like new, used 1 time) - sold Hanna Phosphate Colorimeter (1 reagent) - sold Hanna Alkalinity Colorimeter (no reagent) - sold 2 x Handheld Refractometer - sold E-Marco Aquascaping Cement (new) - $15 Ecoplus 1/4 HP chiller - $70 Neptune Apex Auto Top Off Kit - $190 Zen Reef Small Mushroom Box (non-magnetic) - $10  
      Giesemann Aurora Hybrid LED/T5 Light - $600 OBO
      Sold as-is: 1 of 2 the T5 channels is out but the light is still plenty bright. I've replaced both ballasts but that did not fix the issue. I suspect it's a wiring issue
      1 T5 channel out indicated by arrows

Light on:

Korallin S-1502 Bio-Denitrator -$200
      Used for nitrate reduction but you can put any media into it (like convert it to a calcium reactor or use carbon/GFO)
      Avast Skimmate Locker - $80

Tunze Osmolator ATO missing float sensor and needs new tubing - $40

2 x JBJ ATO (no pump) - $30 each

Red Sea Magnesium (new) -$5

IM Gourmet Defroster (new) -$5

2 x Triton ICP Professional Seawater Analysis - $30 each (1 left)

Red Sea Foundation Pro Multi Test Kit - $10

Red Sea Trace Colors Pro Multi Test Kit - $10

Red Sea Marine Care Multi Test Kit - $10

Red Sea Nitrate Pro Test Kit (new) -$25

E-Marco Aquascaping Cement (new) - $10

• By sunswirl
      I am selling my XXL750 tank. I am replacing this tank with the 3XL900. The tank is in great working order. I do have to disclose that there was a small leak at the lower right front (picture of this spot included in post). Red Sea offered to replace the entire tank for free. I offered to "buy-up" to the larger model which they worked out for me. Other than this, the entire setup is in excellent condition and I am certain would provide the next owner many years of enjoyment. Also noteworthy is that the original filter sock holder has been removed in order to accommodate a automated filter roll.
      The tank will be imminently available starting the weekend of Nov. 13 when we transfer to the new tank. Pickup only in inner SE Portland. If you were to coordinate with the crew helping with the install of my new tank you would have numerous extra sets of hands. 
      The leak has been sealed with silicone (while it was still wet). It would be best if a more thorough seal is done once the tank is emptied. A picture has been attached of where the leak is. This should be a fairly straight forward fix for anyone motivated to have a really amazing tank and willing to take the care to make a more permanent fix. The minimal silicone plug I fixed it with has lasted since January 2021. This tank did not originally come with the front aluminum supports which were later retro-fitted after Red Sea started having some reports of cabinet sag and tank failures and sent them out to all owners. I do not believe that my tank ever experienced this sag, nor do I suspect the "worm hole" leak was caused by it.
      Since I have had the tank "replaced" under warranty, this tank will have no warranty or markings. It was purchased at Cuttle Fish and Corals in 2017 and is even featured on their Facebook page. 
      Note - no additional equipment is supplied with this tank. Images are of actual tank, but are for demonstrative purposes only. Only the items listed in listing title are for sale.
      Offers for complete package will be prioritized. Additional more current photos can be provided upon request. 

• By Cgrand56
      Hello everyone,
      Here is v2.0 of my corals sale. As the subject line reads, I am getting out of the hobby and all my live stock is for sale. Thanks to all of you who already bought some of the corals. I am glad they are going to good homes. 
      I am uploading a new PDF which contains all the photos and prices for what is still available. Hopefully you will see some that you like. 
      Some of you have asked about the fish, they are now available for sale as the rock structure is being disassembled making it easier when trying to fish them out, so I don't cause too much stress on them. The prices for the fish are on the last few slides of the PDF document. 
      Let me know of any questions you may have. 
      Cheers!
      Corals for Sale v.2.0.pdf
    • By Collin
      hello all,
      I am looking at lighting options for my new set up and stumbled upon the Reed Breeder lights. BRS and Reef News Network seem to like them but I was wondering if anyone here has any first hand experience with them. Also if any of you have other suggestions of a light that is relatively inexpensive, delivers good par and coverage, send them my way! btw the tank dimensions are the same as a 40 gal breeder. 
      btw if anyone is selling their reef breeder lights specifically the photon 32 V2 let me know
    • By H20cooled
      Selling off my used SCA starfire 66 Gallon reef tank setup. This tank is used, it has some scratches on the inside of the tank and the outside but the tank is very solid and sound. The stand is one that I built, it was build extra long and has room under it for a large sump and an  equipment/electrical area on the end of it. It is not in perfect condition and could use a touch up on paint but it is not damage or broken. 
      The bottom of the tank has a starboard attached to it. the background of the tank is black, the overflow box is a newer acrylic with a cover. Plumbing is all included for sump with valves.
      The measurements on the tank/stand are:
      Tank: 32 Long x 24 Wide x 20 Tall
      Stand: 50 1/2 Long x 30 1/4 Wide x 36 1/2 Tall.
      SOLD This is for LOCAL Pickup ONLY!