Tunze ATO ?

The ReefBox

10 minutes ago, jtarmitage said:

Why not just put the output up into the overflow on the tank?  Would solve the back siphon issue without relying on something else that can fail...

10 minutes ago, jtarmitage said:

Why not just put the output up into the overflow on the tank?  Would solve the back siphon issue without relying on something else that can fail...

Thought about that but trying to get everything super clean! And neat 

is your top off water located near your sump?

if so, you could zip tie..or somehow attach a piece of 1/2" tubing to your top off container with the top being higher than the water in your top off. then run the other end of the 1/2" tube to the sump.

now, stick your top off line in the top of the tubing. It will pump into the tubing and flow to the sump. as long as the new tubing is larger than your ATO line a siphon won't form.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My Neptune ATK came with a 1/4" siphon break fitting that simply attaches to the tubing above the water level in the ATO reservoir.  While the pump is on, it leaks a little water out of the siphon break back into the reservoir, but as soon as the pump turns off it breaks the siphon and there's no worry about overflows.  I'm sure you could find one of these fittings for a lot less money and complexity of a solenoid valve.

7 hours ago, SuncrestReef said:

My Neptune ATK came with a 1/4" siphon break fitting that simply attaches to the tubing above the water level in the ATO reservoir.  While the pump is on, it leaks a little water out of the siphon break back into the reservoir, but as soon as the pump turns off it breaks the siphon and there's no worry about overflows.  I'm sure you could find one of these fittings for a lot less money and complexity of a solenoid valve.

I think I could poke a small hole in line and would do something just needs to suck air  I brlievebelieve

2 minutes ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

I have done that to break siphons before. If your hose travels above the water level in your top off then it will absolutely work.

In rubber hose, make sure the hole is big enough that it doesnt close up on you.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I cheated!’nn I drilled by Ciara to coast overflow and ran it up back of tank  problem solved

• Like 1