Need Nano-Cube custom lid

Snappy

I have a 28 gallon Nano Cube with an AI Prime HD light on top, and no lid currently. I have the original LED hood that it came with, but it is large and doesn't accommodate the light. Does anyone know of a good place to get lids for curved front aquariums or have a good suggestion on what to do? After my 2nd clownfish jumping death, I've decided I must get a lid before replacing fish.  I've had ongoing health complications, making it difficult to get to Home Depot for a DIY project. I'd like to get a basic hood with net to prevent jumpers. I'm in Salem if it matters.

Thanks,

Brian

It all depends on how much you want to spend, If your not to concerned on looks and depending on radius of curve, you can use mesh netting ordered from BRS and a standard Frame Kit from Home Depot (order online) for $20. I went this option on my JBJ 30 with rounded corners and I think it looks fine. Otherwise there are a couple companies that build custom lids for all types of Tanks but those get much more expensive.  you can get one for $115 here -> http://artfullyacrylic.3dcartstores.com/JBJ-Nano-Cube-28-ClearView-Lid_p_1938.html

24 minutes ago, Snappy said:

I looked it up. Submitted a couple questions about lid dimensions, if it covers overflow, and if it has hinges. Cool lid, but yes $115 is steep, and $150 with a feeding door

Well when it comes to Aesthetics nothing is cheap in this hobby, but the Lids look Good. Personally I would opt out of the Feeding Door and just lift it up, when its that time as I drop my frozen food into the power head for disbursement.  I believe there is a couple members on this board that have ordered from that guy and vouch for his work. Kim @Emerald525 I believe is one of them but I could be wrong.

They are great lids we ordered one for the seahorse tank and the main reef because we got kittens and while they were spendy we needed something that was extra secure as the cats would get on the top of the seahorse tank and eye the seahorses and borbonius anthia.  When you have a 300 dollar fish a 115 dollar cover does not seem unreasonable to spend. Not to mention the emotional trauma I would have experienced had I seen said kitten dining on one 300 dollar fish. :)

I did spend the extra money on the feeding door because I have a brother who would watch the fish when I am out of town and he would forget to put the other cover we had on the tank when he was feeding and had the wrasse jump one time...:nooo: The best cover only works is it is over the tank! :)

I wanted something that was extra secure and from what I read, these covers were the thing that worked the best for curious cats. If I didn't need someone quick I would have messaged Charles (aka Wanareef) In your situation I bet you could have @wanareef build you something locally that was cheaper. You may send him a message and a picture of the artfully acrylic lids with the dimensions.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, TheClark said:

Yes, there is a guy up here with a Cnc and great 3d design skills.  He built me a nice custom lid.  I can get you his info @Snappy just shoot me a PM

If your Talking about Eric He told me earlier this week he can't take on any more projects as he has a couple new ventures hes taking on.

Recently lost my favorite and most prized fish. A goby of all things. Jumped out of tank and right into freshwater topoff bucket. I'm getting some plexiglass and making a lid that goes all the way around the edge but only goes over the water an inch or couple. That way no jumpers and still allows all the light through. If anyone is interested in the project I can send pics as I go and if all goes well I'd be willing to make one for anyone. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Exodus said:

If your Talking about Eric He told me earlier this week he can't take on any more projects as he has a couple new ventures hes taking on.

Yes indeed!  That's too bad but I bet he has good stuff in the works!

I have no contact then :)

4 hours ago, TheClark said:

Yes indeed!  That's too bad but I bet he has good stuff in the works!

I have no contact then :)

I have been working very closely with him for the last 3 months on my new build, I asked if I could pass his number on if asked and he said sure but to let them know he is too busy to take on any more projects for a few months. That was Monday when I met up with him in Portland. If @Snappy is not in a hurry and wants to wait a few months Eric could achieve what he wants but keep in mind he needs the dimensions and the design to go off of, he doesn't just Do aquarium lids or other parts like that, he builds to your plans :)

• Thanks 1