SPAM SPAM SPAM

spectra

One question for the mods. Seeing that there has been a few more spam post than normal what have you done to try and get rid of this? Not trying to stir the pot just wondering if there is anything that can be done. I know a friend of mine who runs another board I go to has blocked all IP addresses from certain countries. I know it takes time to to deal with all this so just seeing if there is a way to free up some time.

There is a new sheriff in town. We have it taken care of. Be patient' date=' please.[/quote']

Not to be rude...all day stuff stays up...that is insane...Sorry but mods should be people on here through out the day, not once in a while...thats like having police that only patrol two hours out of the day...but whatever.

no mo spam

Not to be rude...all day stuff stays up...that is insane...Sorry but mods should be people on here through out the day' date=' not once in a while...thats like having police that only patrol two hours out of the day...but whatever.[/quote']

For once, I agree with you geek!

For once' date=' I agree with you geek![/quote']

LOL...it takes awhile to see the light of Brandon's thinking, but you will come over to it, eventually, LOL J/K! You have only been a member for two months, so I am not sure how much you can actually disagree with me on...considering, I have not really posted that much in the last few months, compared to how I used to post when I first joined...but oh well I guess...

Not to be rude...all day stuff stays up...that is insane...Sorry but mods should be people on here through out the day' date=' not once in a while...thats like having police that only patrol two hours out of the day...but whatever.[/quote']

I am sorry, but I diagree with you on this point. Most of us have a life off the board, including you, me, and the mods. I know I check in a couple of times a day (lunch, breaks, after work, etc.) but I cannot expect a mod to be on the board 24/7 (even though there are 3 or 4). If it was a paid position, I could understand, but it is not. If this were a national or international group with a board that was active 24/7 then a 3-shift day for mods may be in order. We are a local group with a limited user timeframe. There have been times when I have logged on and was the only user listed at the time. It was kinda lonely with no one else on board. What would a 24/7 mod do for those times?

I do agree that having spam up for more than a day or two is not what I come to this site to see. but I IGNORE IT. If it is not from someone that I know, or have a title that looks aquarium related, then I don't open it up and look. I know that eventually it will get deleted. I don't spend a lot of time thinking "I wish a mod would take care of this..."

dsoz

I am sorry, but I diagree with you on this point. Most of us have a life off the board, including you, me, and the mods. I know I check in a couple of times a day (lunch, breaks, after work, etc.) but I cannot expect a mod to be on the board 24/7 (even though there are 3 or 4). If it was a paid position, I could understand, but it is not. If this were a national or international group with a board that was active 24/7 then a 3-shift day for mods may be in order. We are a local group with a limited user timeframe. There have been times when I have logged on and was the only user listed at the time. It was kinda lonely with no one else on board. What would a 24/7 mod do for those times?

I do agree that having spam up for more than a day or two is not what I come to this site to see. but I IGNORE IT. If it is not from someone that I know, or have a title that looks aquarium related, then I don't open it up and look. I know that eventually it will get deleted. I don't spend a lot of time thinking "I wish a mod would take care of this..."

dsoz

I did not say 24/7, but when they come on once a night for 10 mins is not enough...this is a dead horse now, cause the new mod is on here all the time...so it is taken care of, glad to have a mod who is on here on a regular basis...